Chapter 42: Bury your dead

AN: Y'ALL I'M BACK AND IT WAS WORTH IT BECAUSE MY GRADE IMRPOVED I AM SOOOO HAPPY, SORRY FOR THE ABSENCE BUT I'M TRYING TO SUCCEED IN LIFE RN.

3rd pov:

The executioner stepped into the room his eyes set on Aonung.

The Metakayina boy hissed in response but was held firmly down, his death fast approaching.

A ringing sounded through Tsamera's ears, her skull pounding with the beats of her heart, pumping adrenaline around her body.

It felt like her soul had left her body, every ounce of her being was amplified, she felt her anger and sorrow evaporate into strength.

She spoke firmly, with a commanding tone as she looked Varang dead in the eyes.

"That's enough."

That brewing strength exploded, allowing the girl to snap her bindings and in the same breath withdraw her dagger, spinning around and dragging her blade through the guard's neck, his blood spraying in response.

Varang hissed, advancing towards her daughter but Tsamera stepped back, cutting Neteyam free.

He drew his own dagger, standing tall, shielding his siblings and his wife with his body.

"Why can't you just lie down and die like your parents?" Varang sneered, cocking her head at the young man.

"They lay down and died so I wouldn't have to."

"...fine, have it your way, guards, kill him, I have a daughter to get a hold of." The chief turned her head to look around Neteyam to see Tsamera had cut everyone loose.

"Get the bodies and get out of here." The oldest girl said in a hurried manner, already urging them forward with her arms.

"What about you and Neteyam?" Kiri asked, eyes wide as her brother and Aonung had immediately obeyed and entered the other room, picking up the bodies of their parents.

"...don't wait for us, now go!" With one final push Tsamera got them out the door, and averted her attention back to the enemy.

Neteyam had killed the other soldiers, all that remained was Varang and Quaritch.

The couple made eye contact, giving one another a reassuring nod before charging at their opponent.

Tsamera growled, sprinting to Quaritch who had cocked his gun in response, letting off rounds in her direction, but the girl was too quick and agile, evading the bullets and running up the wall to pounce on the avatar, wrestling him to the ground and knocking the gun out of his hand letting it skid a little way away.

"Fucking crazy bitch!"  Quaritch strained out through gritted teeth as he tried his best to stop Tsamera's blade from pushing through his chest, slowly he was losing, the deadly weapon now drawing blood, delicately slicing the once pristine flesh open.

"Getting deja vu Colonel?" Tsamera smirked, her English flowed with a heavy accent but it was clear nonetheless, clearly Neteyam had been teaching her well.

Quaritch's eyes widened at the memory of the spear going though him, the pain and the growing sense of doom that washed over him.

It was her, now that he thought about it, it was incredibly familiar, he remembered her voice as she spoke over his body and to Neteyam.

She spoke in Na'vi at that time but he recognised it nonetheless.

"You almost killed me."

"I'm about to finish the job now your traitorous fuck of a son isn't here to save you."