Chapter 23: Hysteria

WARNING: VERY VIOLENT GRAPHIC DETAIL IF YOU ARE EASILY DISTURBED OR UPSET BY THIS, I'LL GIVE YOU A SUMMARY: NETEYAM FUCKS SHIT UP, THAT WILL BE ALL, PLEASE GO ON IF YOU DON'T MIND VIOLENCE.

3rd pov:

Neteyam couldn't hear a single thing.

Just this high pitched ringing in his ears.

It drowned out every crash of the waves.

Every sentence his dad uttered.

Quite frankly Neteyam didn't care what his dad's orders were.

Neteyam knew what he wanted.

He wanted revenge.

Sweet, cold, brutal fucking revenge.

He wanted to drain the blood from their bodies with his own teeth, violent thoughts swirling in his head at how he would mutilate every human on the ship.

He wanted to crumble their bones in the strength of his palms.

He wanted to relish in their screams.

He didn't just thirst for their souls, he thirsted for their agony as he ripped their existence from their bodies, make them wish they never breathed near the thought of Pandora.

Neteyam wanted his name to strike fear into the hearts of the Skypeople once he was done today.

A long time ago his father told the story of the final battle to Neteyam.

He said humanity would come, and they would come like a storm that never ends.

Masses on masses of people with a desire to burn everything good and holy in thier sight.

Neteyam wanted that.

He wanted to be that storm, that storm that never ends.

His name would remain imprinted on humanity's genome once he was finished with them.

He just burned with such an unbelievable rage it made him fucking insane.

"Son....son!" Jake snapped Neteyam out of his deep thought, the father glanced down nervously at the boy who was tightening his fists so much his own nails made him bleed. "I said you go around the back, converge with your mother, I'll get the girls."

Neteyam nodded, turning his head up towards the sky he saw his Ikran, still floating above him, he let out a bone chilling call for his banshee, it was drowned with murderous intent, Jake and Neytiri felt it, the mother reached out for her son, "Neteyam, please, don't do anything you will regret." She said as the boy leapt off of his Nalutsa and onto the back of the Ikran.

He finally met eyes with his mother, his once kind and golden eyes were darkened with an evil only the cruelest of hearts knows.

Neteyam had always been like his mother, he had always had that...anger, inside of him.

But he was always a patient and loving boy so the world never got to suffer the wrath of Toruk Makto's eldest son.

But now, now they took the woman he loved, his mate, his wife, his future, his everything. They tore her from his grip with a simple dot of metal.

"There are two words I do not know mother, regret...and mercy." He pulled his Ikran up to the sky to hide in the smoke as he glided over the ship.

His eyes narrowed like a leopard in hunt, an apex predator, he was void of that fear he initially felt some hours ago.

Now Neteyam felt like the paint on his face was no longer just for show, the red and white lines were dirtied from blood and grime.

The Omaticaya warrior hoped that in 10 minutes his whole body would be stained a deep crimson.