Chapter 25: Bitter Betrayal

AN: Y'ALL I WAS GONNA END THE BOOK BUT IT'S GETTING SO MUCH LOVE AND I DON'T LIKE WRITING SEQUELS SO THIS BITCH GETTING ANOHTER SEASON ADDED TO HER YEYEYYEYEE. Nah this shit finna be 50 chapters by the time I'm done, at this point I'm writing Avatar 3, 4 and 5, James Cameron add me to your writing team, I'll figure out a way to put Neteyam back in you silly goose.

3rd pov:

Spider stared out to the horizon as he sat on a rock, pondering in deep thought as he remembered the night of the battle that had only been last week.

Now Tsamera was pretty much fully healed, the Sully and La'oklan siblings were running around planning the party of the century.

He, however, couldn't get that night out of his mind... and the guilt out of his heart.

Flashback:

Spider watched as Neteyam flew off, he was still in shock that the Na'vi boy he once considered a brother was so ready to kill him for revenge.

The human teenager looked back at the burning wreckage and the body of his father, the boy initially turned to swim back to the Sully family, but something told him to make his way to the limp body.

With caution, Spider walked over, kneeling next to Quaritch, and feeling for a pulse, weak...so weak. It looks like Tsamera wasn't the only one pulling a Lazarus. Spider knew he should leave, leave the villain for dead, even better, he should finish the job. Kill him for good. Spider gripped the hilt of the short hand spear buried in his father's chest, about to pull it out so the avatar bled out whatever was left of his soul. 

Then he heard the faintest noise, a groan of pain and a gentle whisper, "Kid?"

Ah fuck.

It was his dad...It was his fucking dad- he had to though, he had to kill him...but he couldn't.

Spider's eyes quickly darted around before he began hauling the massive avatar body up to the roof of the ship wreckage.

"I'm sure one of your Skypeople will find you, please...leave us alone. Don't come back. You'll lose...again."

And with that the human jumped back into the water, swimming to the Sully family to tell them of Neteyam's orders.

End of flashback.

Spider felt so fucking guilty. Not because he saved his dad, but because he didn't regret it. A part of him became increasingly concerned he was inevitably going to succumb to the greedy inhospitable nature of his species. The Spider a few months ago would have cut off Quaritch's head for good measure, dad or not, yet after spending time with his people, it's like he developed a soft spot for them, even though they were cruel murderers who he witnessed commit heinous crimes against the Na'vi and Pandora. He hated that. He hated that he felt at home with them.

It terrified Spider that after all he witnessed them do, he still wanted to save Quaritch and put the Sully family in danger again. Maybe he was becoming one of them. Maybe his soul recognised his own people, no more painting blue stripes and oxygen masks, with his own people, he belonged.

Speaking of oxygen masks, the boy had already destroyed the mask with the  tracker in, using a spare Jake had.

"HEY! SPIDER! YO CUZ? THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Lo'ak had obnoxiously shouted into Spider's face, waving his arms dramatically.

"Oh, sorry, was just zoned out."

"Yeah I can tell...you good?" Lo'ak sat down next to the boy.

"Hm? Oh yeah completely fine, like totally cool, nothing wrong here, nothing wrong with ya boy Spider, haha." The human kids scratched the back of his neck as he terribly lied.