Chapter 32: Precious

3rd pov:

"WHAT?!" Neteyam exclaimed, his face falling into one of utter and complete shock, "p-pregnant? Really? Mother please do not joke with me about this." He rambled out.

"I'm not joking son, she is 6 weeks pregnant."

"6 weeks..." Neteyam broke out into a smile so big he thought his face might explode, it was a joy he had never felt before in his life, knowing he was a father now, he was going to have his frist kid with the person he loved most in the whole universe. His eyes darted to Tsamera, eager to see her reaction, she just sat dumbfounded, the girl was thinking about the last few weeks, she had gradually been feeling more nauseous, she was a bit bloated lately, needed to pee more often, more emotional than usual. How did she not realise?

"Tsamera? Are you ok?" Neytiri looked at the girl, concerned of how she may be feeling considering the last time the Omaticaya mother checked in, her son's mate was not in favour of becoming a mother.

Tsamera's eyes welled with tears of joy, "Yes...yes, I'm amazing." She returned the gleeful expression of her husband as he ran up to her, swooping her up into his embrace and spinning her around, he himself was now crying, it was a dream come true.

"But I thought you didn't want children?" Neytiri said confused.

"After I almost died, it gave me a new perspective of life, I began to think much more deeply about things, past my trauma and my struggled with trusting others as well as myself, I realised how different being with Neteyam has made me, I'm more open, yes that's a vulnerability, but I've learned weakness with your loved ones isn't just ok, but it's more than welcomed. I've learned how to love, I've repaired my broken relationship with my brother, I am more at peace with myself than I could ever hope now I have Neteyam in my life, he has healed me in so many ways. I will always carry the scars of my past, but I choose to take them as lessons not barriers. I want a family, and for once I trust myself to do so." Tsamera explained, Neteyam's eyes softening at her words, all this time he thought she was the one blessing him, but the amazing thing about this couple was that they helped and healed each other, it wasn't one sided at all, they grew together, and now they have a child which they will love with their whole hearts until the day said hearts stop beating.

"I'm definitely going to have to break out that baby name list, start adding to it." Neteyam laughed, gentle putting his wife down, beginning to fuss over how comfortable she was and if she felt sick again, or if her back was ok because he heard pregnancy is a bitch for the back, "I'll make you a back support pillow, and I'll learn some massage therapy, mother I also need your help plant gathering today, we need to find the appropriate vitamins and minerals that Tsamera and the baby need, specifically folic acid so we're gonna have to climb high for some Aceti bark. I'll get Kiri and Tsireya to start on some therapy oils. I'll send Lo'ak and dad out ot get some building materials for the baby hammock we're gonna need to be building, and Lo'ak is good at carving toys so-"

"My son, she is only six weeks pregnant, there is much time still to be doing all of this." Neytiri laughed at her focused boy.

"Yes your mother is right Neteyam, my sweet grandbaby you worry too much." Mo'at pinched his cheeks, but the young man just shook his head,

"No no, I remain insistent on getting those plants, we need to start supplementing from day one so both Tsamera and my child are strong and healthy, I'll hunt extra tonight so you can have double the portion my love." His eyebrows furrowed in thought as he gave the girl a kiss on the forehead, "Why don't you lie down, relax, are you tired, would you like me to take you to bed, it's still quite early, I'll tell you what, you sleep, I'll gather the plants with mother and prepare a meal for you when you wake up ok?" He gently pushed her to lie down, but Tsamera just laughed and placed a hand on his chest.