Chapter 33: Visit

3rd pov:

It had been 2 more weeks of pregnancy for our beautiful couple.

Aka 2 more weeks of nightmarish pain for Tsamera and 2 more weeks of absolute bliss for Neteyam.

Tsamera was now 8 weeks pregnant and starting to show, a small bump growing in the place of her previously flat stomach.

The pregnancy was announced to the tribe who rejoiced greatly and threw a large celebration, their next Olu'ektan already had an heir and the birth of the baby was greatly anticipated.

Gifts had already begun flowing in with many of them being remedies of blood purification and nourishment for the baby.

Tsamera had quickly become a sort of celebrity in the village, she would get many people approaching her and asking her how the child was, how she was doing, what they had planned, baby names. She especially had many little children running up to her and gifting her handmade toys for the baby, many of them being straw dolls decorated with glowing paints and flowers.

In turn, Tsamera took on a bigger role in helping out with the village, she initially planned to just be a hunter, and she sure as hell wasn't going to let pregnancy put an end to that, it didn't put an end to hunting for Neytiri so why her? Much to Neteyam's dismay who wanted nothing more for her to lie down and be fed for the next year (AN: Na'vi pregnancies last a full human year). 

The ash tribe girl was now not just seen bringing in a new kill, but was also seen helping out in the schools, teaching kids how to shoot an arrow, she also was taught how to weave and make clothes by the other mothers of the clan, wanting to immerse herself in Omaticaya tradition.

The girl was yet to do her Iknimaya, it might have to wait a while now she was pregnant, especially the Ulatron, the poison of the scorpion may harm her baby so becoming an official member of the clan is temporarily postponed.

Speaking of which, Rotxo, Tsireya and Aonung were being thoroughly trained by Jake to undertake the rites as soon as possible.

Tsireya was making the most progress, she did not desire to be a hunter so she would not do the Iknimaya, rather she would undertake further training as a Tsamerak with Kiri to be a healer alongside Mo'at.

"Jake says my Ulatron is tomorrow, he thinks I am ready but I am not so sure myself, maybe we should wait a little longer." Tsireya chewed her lip in anxiety, overthinking the situation for the umpteenth time.

"Reya, the more you push it back, the less prepared you'll feel, not even I felt confident going into my rites back at the reef, no matter how good I was in training, I was still nervous beyond belief, if Jake thinks you are ready, you are ready. I heard he wanted to do it the first week you were here, he said you fit right in and you would have no trouble. Trust me, if no one else, you can do this, go to bed early and be ready, we'll  all be there to cheer you on ok?"

"Ok."  And they were right, Tsireya passed the Ulatron with ease, immediately being welcomed and reborn as an Omaticaya, leaving the question of what was to become of her and Lo'ak, what now?

"I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask her tonight. I'll ask her to be my mate and we can do so at the Tree of Voices like my parents did, granted the grove isn't as big as usual after humans bulldozed it down, but its still there, I think the Spirit Tree is too intimidating, don't you?" Lo'ak looked at Tsamera who sat peacefully making and writing her songcord as he paced back and forth through her's and Neteyam's tent. "Tsamera! Come on I need you help." He complained, groaning and collapsing onto the ground to lay his head in her lap.

"Ahh young love, I remember when I was asking myself these questions." She mused, pretending she was 50 years into her marriage with Neteyam.

"Mera please, I actually need your help here, is she ready? Has she talked about it with you, because I'm more than ready but I just don't want to put her on the spot or put any pressure on here, Reya is a people pleaser, I don't want her to mate with me just because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings." Lo'ak sighed, eyes shifting to Tsamera's swollen stomach, and his thoughts drifted to their own mating. "How did Neteyam ask?"