Chapter 11: Competition

3rd pov:

Tsamera stirred as she heard the first sounds of morning pour through the walls of the Marui, the clicks of the Illu and chirps of the wildlife near the coast filled her ears, that fresh sea breeze breathed in to her lungs, vitality flowing through her.

But the scent was mixed with something else, a concoction she had grown used to waking up to in the morning, a earthly woodland smell, that was hinted with flowers she had never encountered.

Neteyam had never lost that strong woodland smell, it's like it was in his blood, refusing to trade itself in.

The young man lay beneath her, the gentle rising and falling of his chest almost lulled her back to sleep, his comforting warmth wasn't helping her efforts to wake up either.

Tsamera cuddled closer to him, if that was even possible considering she was lying almost entirely on top of the Omaticaya boy. Her face nestled into the crook of his neck as he took a deep breath of that woodland scent again, it made her wander about his home, was it as beautiful as him, was it has harmonious and spiritual, or was it harsh and scary, making you rely on pure wit and impulse. Tsamera got this idea from seeing the warrior side of Neteyam, he was good, incredibly good, there was no doubt he was the son of Toruk Makto, the rest of the Metakayina boys their age would undoubtedly be beaten to a pulp if they provoked Neteyam.

She considered herself a strong independent woman who did not require a man to defend her, but knowing that her man could defend her if she ever needed him to was certainly a bonus.

Tsamera began to really think about this, Neteyam was in fact very different to other boys their age, he was certainly stronger, more well built, he was very muscular in comparison to them, taller too, Neteyam told her he had a bit of a growth spurt after the age of 15 because he now stood at 9 feet tall, this made him significantly taller than other boys their age. Tsamera wouldn't consider herself a thirsty person but damn, he was blessed with an incredible face and the body to match.

She realised Neteyam actually put almost every other Metakayina man to shame, his dad was also more muscular than most, it must be a necessity for the forest people as their terrain is more harsh.

His chest had a muscular volume that made him look carved out with a chisel, his abdomen giving the same effect, it was very toned, his abs coming through with ease.

Unlike his family Neteyam actually had relatively large legs, his thighs were wider than his brother's, similar to his dad, he obviously got these genetics from Jake's avatar body as Neytiri nor Lo'ak had such features, Kiri and Tuk obviously not being a good example because they're too young.

Neteyam was also broad, he told once that the reason why he was significantly broader in comparison to his brother is because his brother's body is a bit more similar to that of a typical Omaticaya, Lo'ak's shoulder were wider than the rest of his body but they weren't big. Once again, a feature the eldest son had gotten from his dad.

Neteyam told her it was these little things that made him visibly a hybrid to the other Omaticaya kids, his body was different to theirs growing up, always being bigger and more muscular, and it was because of Jake's human genes that made him that way. He may have 3 fingers and no eyebrows, but back home he still stuck out like a sore thumb in comparison the rest of the kids.

It had been something he was quite insecure about growing up.

Tsamera on the other hand made it her personal mission to reassure him that he had nothing to be insecure about, she even told him he inspired Aonung and his friends to start working out more often because they were jealous of him and thought they could get as big as him if they threw some rocks around.