Chapter 5: I'm scared.

3rd pov:

After their conversation in the boat Neteyam was in high spirits, he felt as though some of his feelings were being reciprocated and he was finally starting to make some progress in getting to know the closed off girl he had met a few weeks ago.

In fact the boy had been walking along the beach in deep thought about his recent time with the girl and a smile graced his face as he did so, he looked up, spotting the young woman in all her glory seemingly helping the boys out with gathering some building materials.

His smile grew as he lightly jogged over to the group, Rotxo, Aonung, Lo'ak and Tsamera.

"Hey! You guys need an extra hand." He bent down, reaching to pick up a branch Tsamera also had her hand out for, their palms brushing against one another.

Neteyam didn't give it a second thought, but Tsamera snatched her hand back like acid had spilled on it.

The boy gave her a look of confusion but she avoided eye contact, so he leaned in slightly towards her, "Hey, are you ok?"

But his question was not answered before Tsamera dashed off into the trees, making up some excuse about finding drier wood.

Neteyam stared at her in confusion.

"What? What did I do?" He looked at the other boys who shrugged.

"Women." Lo'ak shrugged, patting his brother on the shoulder and shoving some workload into his hands.

Neteyam's eyes lingered on where Tsamera had disappeared off to, tempted to run after her but thinking twice and deciding she might just need some space. Maybe she was having a bad day.

.

.

.

.

For the next few days it was exactly like this, Tsamera avoided him at all costs, every time he called her name, she pretended she didn't hear him and disappeared into a Marui, the sea, a crowd, anything.

Every time he was with her in a group she would distance herself as much as possible, now opting to teach Tuk and Kiri instead of him.

And Neteyam was beginning to feel hurt by her actions, he had poured his heart out to her in confidence and trust and she was shoving it back in his face, all that alleged progress was clearly just his own personal delusions. Maybe after hearing his weakness and vulnerability she no longer wanted anything to do with him, he should have known she wouldn't be a fan of weakness.

His eyes landed on her again, standing in the sand, watching as the waves washed onto her feet and retreated, she looked at peace.

But Neteyam was more than happy to disturb that right now, he wanted answers.

"TSAMERA!" He called out to her, but as usual her ears pricked up and she dove into the ocean, but this time Neteyam followed her.

Jumping straight in Neteyam followed her all the way to a rock in the middle of the reef, far away from the village, she really was trying her best to get away from him.

They both came up from the water, gasping for air at the chase.

"What are you doing?" Tsamera snarled at him, annoyed at the Omaticaya boy's sudden persistence.

"What am I doing? What are you doing?" He panted heavily, moving towards the girl that had now backed up into the large rock, the black natural structure slightly encircled them to hide the two from any prying eyes, not that there would be any this far out.