🌹Part 5A : Chapter Nine

~Year 2225~
~With Mitch~

Mitch made breakfast when he heard humming.

"Good morning, my love. Sleep well?"

"Yeah, sort of."

"What's that mean, love?"

"I woke up three times to vomit, once because one of the babies where on my bladder..." Mitch looked at his wife before bluntly saying, "Just say you had to pee."

"I will do no such thing." Daciana huffed as Mitch picked her up and placed her on the counter. "Then I woke up another time because you had the audacity to roll over and place your hand on my stomach."

"Oh?" Mitch asked as he placed his hands on her stomach.

"Yeah, exactly like that, the audacity." Daciana huffed and Mitch chuckled before kissing her. "What are you making?"

"Eggs in a basket thought I'd keep it simple this morning," Mitch stated.

"What time do you leave?"

"Soon, my love. Soon, we leave in around an hour to drive to the airport. Will you be giving me a proper goodbye, this time?"

"If the babies decide to not give me motion sickness."

"They've been giving you motion sickness?"

"Yeah, it's why I'm working from home. A five-minute drive to the park makes me extremely sick."

"So a drive before I go is off-limits?"

"Yes, we can go on a walk threw the walking path." Daciana offered and Mitch smiled.

"We have a walking path?"

"Uh-huh." Daciana nodded before holding up her arms. Mitch nodded before picking her up and placing her on the ground.

"Go get dressed, we'll go after breakfast. Are we bringing Nick or leaving him to sleep?"

"He's been awake for two hours." Daciana calmly stated and Mitch looked confused. "He's been getting up with me every morning. And I've been waking up at 4 every morning and can't fall back asleep." Mitch nodded before kissing Daciana's head.

"Go get dressed and send Nick out, I need to talk to him." Daciana nodded before walking off. Daciana knocked on the guest door and Nick left the room.

"We going on our daily walk?" Nick asked and Daciana nodded.

"After breakfast. Darling would like to talk to you." Mitch, all but, melted when he heard her call him darling.

"Alright, bean." Nick hummed before kissing the top of her head. "What do you want?" Nick asked as he walked over to Mitch.

"I just wanted to properly thank you for taking care of my wife and staying after I leave again."

"She's my niece, I would do anything for her." Mitch smiled as Daciana walked back to the kitchen.

"You look beautiful," Mitch whispered and Daciana looked at her stomach.