six

Bonnie didn't say a word about Elena climbing into the backseat with Quinn, rather than getting into the empty front seat. She looked in her rearview mirror to check that both girls had their seatbelts on before pulling away from the Gilbert home. 

The ride was silent for a moment, Quinn squeezing Elena's hand reassuringly when she began to tremble besides her. 

"So, I stayed with Grams quite a bit this summer," Bonnie began. "And she saying that I actually am psychic."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Bonnie rolled her eyes in response, "Anyway, I psychically predicted that flare jeans are making a comeback and I was so right."

"That doesn't make you psychic, Bonnie, it means that you watch too much 'Top Model'." Elena teased.

"Say what you want about my psychic abilities," Bonnie scoffed, before her mood changed. "But I've got a bad feeling about the bonfire tonight."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Quinn quickly blinked away the memory, refocusing on Bonnie as she continued.  

"Apparently our ancestors were from Salem, you know like the Salem Witch Trials?" 

Quinn hummed in acknowledgement as Elena gazed out the window. 

"So I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger... and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands!" Bonnie babbled.

You also predicted something bad would happen at the bonfire. Quinn thought, her mind instantly returning back to that night.

Bonnie glanced back at the duo in her rearview mirror, realising that both of them had spaced out, she called, "Elena! Back in the car. You too, Quinn."

Quinn realised that Elena was staring out of the window at the graveyard where her parents were buried just four short months ago. 

As the car continued driving at the cemetery disappeared from view, Elena apologised, "I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling me that..."

"That I'm psychic now." Bonnie concluded, a proud look on her face.

"Right... Okay then, predict something. About me." Elena challenged. 

Please don't. Quinn wanted to say. Not again. 

"I see..."

All of a sudden, a black streak hit the windscreen of Bonnie's car causing her to break suddenly and swerve. 

Elena gasped as she was thrown forward, her seatbelt immediately tightening to stop her from hitting the seat in front of her. 

"What was that?! Oh, my god! Elena, are you okay? Quinn?" Bonnie panicked, immediately turning in her seat to face the girls in the backseat.

"Fine..." Quinn breathed out as her heart hammered against her chest.

"It's okay, I'm fine," Elena murmured. "Quinnie?"

Quinn nodded her head quickly, focusing on calming herself down rather than responding verbally.

"It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere." Bonnie continued, panic still clear in her tone. 

"Really, we're okay. We can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of our life." Elena assured Bonnie, but her hand found Quinn's and linked their fingers. 

"I predict this year is going to be kick ass. I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you two are going to be beyond happy." Bonnie grinned, pulling away from the curb and continuing towards the school. 

Quinn really hoped Bonnie hadn't jinxed it.