thirty nine

"Quinn!" Matt called when he saw her walk into the Grill with Elena

"Quinn!" Matt called when he saw her walk into the Grill with Elena. "Feels like forever since I've seen you."

Quinn laughed, walking over to the pool table he was standing by with Elena in tow.

"What can I say? The Gilbert house is superior to ours." She shrugged with a laugh.

Matt sighed, rolling his eyes, "I bet. C'mon, we haven't played in forever. I'll let you break?"

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"What do you think of the new guy?" Elena asked Matt, genuinely curious.

"Stefan? Uh, hadn't really thought about him enough to form an opinion," Matt replied, raising an eyebrow. "Why?"

"He's super secretive, it's weird." Quinn commented, as she hit a ball into the pocket of the table.

"So... he's like a serial killer and he keeps a clown suit in his trunk?" Matt teased the girls, causing Quinn to poke him with her pool stick.

"No, of course not," Elena denied, amusement in her tone. "But what do we know about him, really?"

Matt paused, contemplating for a moment.

"Well," Matt began. "He's great at football. A little bit of a loner... but that doesn't make him a bad guy."

"You think we're being paranoid." Quinn deduced, eyeing up her twin.

Matt merely shrugged, "You guys can form your own opinions about him, but I'm gonna keep an open mind."

"Hey guys," A voice rang out, making them jump in surprise. They turned and saw it belonged to Stefan. "Room for one more?"

The girls just blinked at each other, so Matt rolled his eyes and answered, "Sure. We'll team up. Guys versus girls."

Elena looked over at Quinn who merely shrugged, a game wouldn't hurt.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"I know you... My God..."

All four teenagers turned in confusion, coming face to face with a bearded man who was staring at Stefan in disbelief.

Quinn leant against the games table and analysed Stefan's reaction, he seemed genuinely confused.

"I'm sorry?" Stefan replied.

"I know you," The man repeated. "How can it be?"

His tone was a mixture of confusion and shock, but Stefan merely shook his head in denial.

"I think you have the wrong person, sir." Stefan said politely.

Elena made eye-contact with her girlfriend, her expression suspicious. Stefan seemed a little nervous to her.

"You haven't aged a day..." The older man continued, ignoring Stefan's disagreements.

"I'm sorry, excuse me." Stefan said, suddenly walking away from the three teenagers and the older man.

The older man watched him walk away before wandering back into the crowd of the Grill.

"Uh, that was weird," Matt said finally. "Maybe you guys were right..."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Quinn was on the phone with Caroline as they discussed the fundraiser.

Caroline rolled her eyes as she recounted the conversation she'd had with Tiki earlier in the day, walking back and forth in her room, "Quinn, you would not believe how stupid Tiki was being earlier. She wanted to wear a one-piece! Does she not understand we're going for the stripper pole vibe this year?"

Quinn laughed on the other end, "Care, we are not washing the cars in slow motion."

"Ugh, you're no fun." Caroline whined teasingly as she crossed over to her vanity. Glancing up, she caught sight of a massive crow at her open window.

"Oh, my God! Shoo, shoo!" She shrieked, dropping her phone and flapping her arms towards the window.

It flew away quickly, but Caroline still felt odd.

Picking up her discarded phone, she could hear Quinn's worried voice on the other end.

"I'm fine! Sorry, sorry. I gotta go, but no two pieces. I'll see you tomorrow."

Quinn looked down in her phone in confusion as Caroline hung up on her.

Strange.

isa speaks!!

isa speaks!!

hi everyone! long time no update, and i apologise for that. however, i write for fun in my free time and i haven't had a lot of that recently - university always has to take priority, of course.

i wanted to thank you all for all the votes and comments, i really really appreciate it! i'm glad you're enjoying Quinn's story.

i've been struggling with some writers block coming up to later chapters but i'm going to try to go back to a more regular updating schedule.

thanks again for 100k reads!! you're all amazing.

isa <3