thirty four

Victoria, like her sister, did not enjoy the Founder's Parties

Victoria, like her sister, did not enjoy the Founder's Parties. Frankly, both Carol and Richard Lockwood scared her. 

She fiddled nervously with the hem of her pink dress. It was the nicest dress she owned and had long poofy sleeves. She felt pretty.

"Vicki, you came?" Tyler appeared besides the brunette, sounding surprised. He grabbed her arm and began to pull her out of the queue leading to the Lockwood home. "Uh, let's go this way..."

"Why?" Victoria asked, but allowed herself to be pulled away anyway. 

"Uh... line's too long," Tyler supplied. "We can go around back. Come on, party's in the back."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Quinn often found herself not attending these events because of Carol Lockwood's uncomfortable gaze that would follow her wherever she went. 

However, Elena has asked Quinn to be her date, and who was she to deny such a request?

She stood awkwardly in the queue that had formed at the entrance of the Lockwood Mansion, Elena linking their arms. 

"Hi, Mayor Lockwood!" Elena greeted, a bright smile on her face.

Mayor Lockwood walked over to greet them, "Hey! Hey guys, come on it."

Quinn smiled politely at the Lockwoods as she was invited inside.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Spotting Damon leaning against a refreshments table, Caroline Forbes couldn't hide the frown on her face. She'd hoped that somehow, someway, he wouldn't show up. Unfortunately, he had turned up to her house on time and had driven them both over to the party.

She saw Damon narrow his eyes. Caroline followed his line of vision and saw Elena pulling away from kissing Quinn's cheek. 

Immediately, Caroline went into protective best friend mode. Damon had badgered her into being his date for this party so that he could get an invite, so she was going to annoy Damon Salvatore so much that he finally got the hint and left them all the hell alone. Annoying overly-excited blonde cheerleader? She knew how to play that role well.