twenty one

Quinn loved her sister. However, this wasn't the first time that Victoria had disappeared without telling anyone where she was going.

After last time, Quinn had installed a tracker in Victoria's phone.

Opening the app on her own phone, Quinn zoomed in on the dot that showed Victoria's location. It said she was near the Mystic Grill, but Quinn couldn't see her.

A shudder went through her when she realised that Victoria might not be inside a building, but on the roof instead. It wouldn't be the first time...

Rushing forward, Quinn scrambled up the fire escape of the building highlighted on the tracker.

She shoved her phone back in her pocket and began to call out, "Vicki?! Vicki, are you up here?!"

"You really have to stop screaming."

"No, please, stop. Don't..."

"Shh. I got you..."

Damon Salvatore was not expecting a small blonde girl to show up on the roof.

Quinn was shivering as the cold wind whipped around them.

It was dark, but Quinn blinked hard to force her eyes to adjust.

She could see the silhouette of a man holding onto a woman's arm... Victoria's arm.

They were standing on the edge of a building, the realisation sent adrenaline rushing through Quinn's system and she surged forward.

"No! No, stop! Let go of her!" She pleaded, unaware of another presence joining them on the roof, until a cool breeze drifted again her exposed arms.

The man studied Quinn for a moment, then tossed Victoria towards her with a shrug.

Quinn felt relief flood through her system but it was quickly replaced with fear as she was suddenly pulled from the floor.

Victoria reached out to grab her but the man was too fast, moving Quinn onto the ledge of the building's roof in the same way that he had held Victoria before.

"So brave to offer yourself to spare her," The man cooed in her ear, tilting her backwards off of the building.

Quinn felt her feet lose contact with the ground, leaving her completely dependent on the man holding onto her.

"Let her go!" A voice spoke out.

The man paused, lowering Quinn back down enough that the toes of her scuffed cheer shoes could scrape the brickwork.

She fought hard to control her breathing, trying to focus on Victoria. What had her little sister gotten herself into? A drug deal gone bad?

"Let. Her. Go." The voice repeated, an authoritative air in his tone. Quinn forced herself to focus on that person, quickly realising it was Stefan Salvatore.

"Are you sure?" The dark-haired man holding Quinn replied, a curious tone in his voice. "I mean, there's now two of them to compel so I suppose it might be easier if she just... fell."