|Chapter Fifteen|

|Gwen's Point Of View|

I think if I said I was confused, it would be beyond understanding.

From what Connor, Kyle and I found out from Blink and Metalic don't really give us much advantage but it's definitely better than nothing. Besides, now I know we can't completely trust Kyle. He has something to hide and now I'm onto him.

Of course if Dawn heard this she would beat me up seriously for not listening to her in the first place.

But on the other hand Kyle saved our lives, even provided us with some ideas and information to use and fight against his ex-team. And obviously there is a reason why he joined our enemy but now he's here so, does it really matter?

It's never good to distrust your teammates since it can alter your teamwork but this is no ordinary case.

Kyle used to be a member of Anti-Justice. He was left behind because he had no powers, so he had to be some megamind who controlled things from their base. Whatever he told us might be a lie so I really need to dig into this.

But if I'm going to investigate this, I need to do it carefully, because if Kyle turns out to be a good guy, I might ruin his trust.

And we don't want that, because he's good guy and he saved some of our lives in previous fights.

"Gwen," I heard someone call my name. I turned to find Jordan smiling at me. A smile erupted on my face too as I fell into his arms. Oh, I missed him.

"Did you bring what we needed?" I asked once we settled down on the couch in the living-room.

He nodded. "Mm-hmm. Liv and Connor are putting it in the storeroom. Don't worry, we've got a plan on how to lock it so no one gets in there other than us. I did save some gems to give to all of us so we can use it against Comet."

"Good," I grinned. Finally we had something.

"I heard you guys had an interrogation yesterday. How did it go?"

"Not as well as you think. But we did find something. We know that Anti-Justice really, really hates us and we also got sneak peek to their pasts."

"Ookay, that sounds interesting! Fill me in."

And so I told him everything that happened last night. He listened carefully. I have no idea what emotion was on his face because it constantly kept changing. However, he was calm when I finished.

"Well, at least we have something useful." Was what he said.

I leaned on the couch and fell in a deep ponder. Jordan noticed that and gave my hand a squeeze. "What's bothering you?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I'll tell you if gets bigger."

He nodded and I shot him a grateful smile. Right now, I had to investigate alone. Kyle is not a dumb person and he'll surely figure it out if the team starts to act strange or different.

But I still wish Dawn was here. She's ao much better in this, plus she might have noticed stuff I haven't.

"Hey, you two!" Ronnie crashed in the living-room, looking a little messy. "There's a serious wind outside." He said while sitting between us. I scooted a little further to give him space. Jordan glared at him which Ronnie didn't notice, or did but didn't answer.

Honestly, him and Elias tended to jump between me and Jordan whenever we were alone which was getting really annoying.

"Why were you outside?" I asked, stopping myself from giggling at his strange hairstyle.