7

Thursday,17 March 202221:34| 9:34 p

21:34| 9:34 p.m.

I take two packets of chips and two liters of two cold drinks. It's movie night with the girls so we had decided that I should buy the snacks while Candace will get the hubbly and Zeno will get the pizza. They will be at my place for the night and Friday they have to leave.

I walk to the cashier with Sipho holding the hand of the trolley so he doesn't get lost. We get to the cashier and went in line behind a man and a girl. The man is carrying her so she can sleep, and the girl looks at Sipho and then at me. She waves at us and I wave back. Sipho calls me and I bend to his level."That's Dineo."

"Oh."I look at the girl and smirk. This family is stalking us, I look at Sipho and smile."It is okay now, you don't have to deal with her anymore."I rub his growing hair and he smiles."Do you want some chocolate?"

"Yes please."

"Take two."He nods and goes in the front while I get up and check my phone. He comes back and I see that he took the P.S. chocolates."Is dad going to fetch me tonight?"

"No, he is coming first thing in the morning."He smiles and comes to stand next to me. I see Calvin's trolley move so I also move forward and he starts taking things out of the trolley.

I look back at my phone and continue to talk with Sipho's father. Co-parenting has to be one of the hardest things I did for five years, I was 20 years old when I had Sipho, Kwanele and I were in a relationship before deciding to have a child which he wanted but when I fell pregnant he denied the pregnancy, that hurt me but I just raised him for that three years and he finally came back for the 4th birthday. We have been friends ever since then and we have been doing well. He wants love back but my mind is not there anymore.

"Sithelo?"I am brought back by Calvin's voice.

"What?"

"I was just saying hi."He looks at me and smiles.

"Hey."I return the smile. He looks back at the cashier and pays for his things. It's my turn and I take my things out to pay.

"Sesi."I look up and see the cashier look at me."That man is dangerous. Be careful."She takes my things and scans them while the other girl packs them in a shopping bag.

"What do you mean by that?"I look at her and see that she is nervous.

"Chommie, please explain."She looks at the person who is packing the items.

"Wait...Sipho put earphones on."I give Sipho my phone and earphones. I listen to the woman; this better be good because I don't have time for this.

"That man is Calvin Dlamini, search him on Google. He has killed innocent people, he has robbed banks and he sells drugs for a living. Do you want your child to grow up in that type of environment?"I look at Sipho as he scrolls through Tiktok and then at the females.