31

Thursday,23 June 202222:34|10:34p

22:34|10:34p.m.

I wake up and yawn and as I rub my eyes and look at what is making all that noise. I look at my bedside and see that my phone is vibrating so I lift it up and see that it's Dumisani.

I am tired now and I am not in the mood to argue with him so I just allow it to ring and I fall asleep again when I see that it is not ringing again.

11:00|11:00a.m.

"Tell her, Sithelo."I lift up my one eye and see Sithelo and Candace standing over my shoulder. Sithelo is looking at me with her arms folded and Candace is looking at me with her arms in her pockets.

They are just serious and then Candace looks at Sithelo and then me as I rub my eyes and sit up.

Sithelo walks to sit down on the bed."Zenokhule."She rubs my shoulder and I look at her weirdly.

"Yes?"

"Uhm…I don't know how to tell you this but -."She pauses and bites her lip.

I turn to look at Candace."Candace?"

"I can get the tissues."Candace says and Sithelo looks at her and then at me.

"Dumisani has been shot."I look at Sithelo and she closes her eyes as she says that. I look at her as I take in the words.

I look at Candace and bite my lip."Candace, please repeat the words."

She looks at me and bites her lip."Eish. Dumisani Dlamini has been shot."

I nod my head and get up from the bed."Please give me some space."

"Zeno,I'm here if you want a shoulder to cry on."Candace says and Sithelo looks at me.

I lowered my eyes."Aren't we going to the hospital?"

Sithelo gets up and walks to me."He's still in ICU and family are the only ones allowed."

I shake my head and smirk."Ok,can you please give me some space to change so we can go and see him."

Candace and Sithelo look at each other and both nod.