18

Sunday,21 May 202212:34| 12:34 p

Sunday,21 May 2022
12:34| 12:34 p.m.

*Ring*Ring*

I take the phone from the bedside and slide the answer button without checking the name ID. "What?"

"We know where you are now. Candace Mokwena. We are coming for you and everything you have."I look at the name ID and see it's a private number.

"Who is this?"I ask and I hear the person laugh."Who is this?"

"You'll know one day."The person says and I look at the number and drop the call. I get up from my bed, take my extra SIM card out of the bedside, and change it. I throw the old one and hear a knock in my room.

"Come in."The door opens and I see Sithelo holding flowers."Throw them away or keep them for yourself."

I tell her and she smirks."He's in the living room and wants to talk to you."

"Tell him I'm at my dad's house or something."I wear my slippers and look at her.

"He knows that you came back."I just shook my head and rubbed my eyes.

She gives me the flowers and holds my hand so we can walk to the living room. We walk out of the apartment and see that Calvin and Sandile are sitting on the couch busy whispering.

"Hello."I greet both of them and see that it's still tense energy between me and him.

"Hey."Calvin says as he gets up and fist-bumps me."I'll be in the kitchen."

I nod my head and look at Sandile who is all tensed up and seems worried as he rubs his goatee."Sandile, you look very stressed out and you have been stressed for the whole week, what's going on?"

He looks at me and shakes his head."It's just business."

I look at him and sit down on the couch that is across from him."Marriage is something else, you can't be hiding things from me and expect me to always be loving to you. Stop shutting me out. I thought we are doing so well but I guess we are back to square one."

Sandile looks at me and smirks."But you are the one hiding things from me."

"Like what?"I ask and he just shakes his head.

"Never mind because it seems like I will be taken for a joke anyways."I look at him and then the flowers.

"Just keep it. I'm done! I'm so done with your toxicity."I get up and throw the flowers at him.

"Candace!"He says with a stern tone and I ignore him and just go upstairs to the guest room and get ready for school.

I have this big project and I can't be stressing myself about Sandile's mood swings. I am done with feeling as if I am the wrong one. I go to my phone and make sure to block him from my social media even his numbers.