38

Saturday,10 June 202314:33|2:33p

14:33|2:33p.m.

"Baby,where are you are?"Zenokhule asks herself as she walks through the dark hallway. She opens the door to the kitchen causing Dumisani to turn around. He sees her and rubs his forehead.

"Zeno?"He gets up from the chair and sees her eyes closed. He pulls his phone out and immediately dials Sithelo's number."Hey,it's happening again."

"Where is she?"Dumisani looks at her and she is standing by the sink.

"Standing by the sink."He bites his lip and rubs his eyes."I can't do this anymore, Sithelo."

"I know and I am also tired because she won't tell anyone anything,just hold on, Dumisani,please."

"The nightmares. I tried calling the grandmother but she doesn't answer any of my calls."Dumisani keeps staring at Zeno the entire time.

"I don't know what to do, Dumisani.
With my friends having tough love for them is different."He sits down on the floor and rubs his eyes."I'm sorry Dumisani but I have been having this idea for awhile in my head and maybe Zeno will talk by then."

"What it is?"Dumisani looks up and sees Zeno rubbing her eyes and blinking before looking around trying to figure out where she is.

"Dumisani?"Zenokhule comes closer to him and she looks at him.

"Yeah,maybe you should book it."Dumisani says and Zeno looks at him confused. He gets from the floor and dusts himself. Zeno comes to hug him but he pulls her away. She is confused and he walks out of the kitchen and to the living room.

Zeno follows him and sees him getting ready to sleep on the sofa."Just like that."Her voice is rusty and low.

"Just like how?"

"Like that. The attitude towards me."Zenokhule says and Dumisani takes his remote control and switches on the television.''Let's go to sleep, Dumisani."

"I don't want to sleep in the same bed as you. I'm fine here."Dumisani says while mindlessly scrolling through the channels and so Zenokhule looks at him. She turns around to leave."You don't even ask what is wrong with you,just leave like how they all leave."

"What's wrong then, Dumisani?"Zenokhule turns around to look at Dumisani and walks in front of the television."What's up with the moods?"

"You... It's always been you, Zenokhule."He sighs and Zeno sits down on the couch across him.

"Wh--"

"The nightmares since I've been with you and now sleepwalking and more nightmares. You have been rubbing off the issue like nobody's business and we want to be there for you. Dineo, Sithelo, Candace:the girl who is your number fan, Calvin and Sandile too. Damnit,even me!"Dumisani opens the blankets and gets off the couch and walks to her. He kneels down and holds her knees. "What's happening with you, MaMbatha?"