32

Thursday,23 June 202214:59|2:59p

14:59|2:59p.m.

I get out of the Uber car and close the door. I walk to the hospital door and straight to the receptionist."Good Afternoon,I'm here to see Dumisani Dlamini."

I feel one person tap my shoulder,I turn around and see Calvin and Sandile looking at me with their red eyes. "Hey."He says as he rubs his hair."This way."

He says as he puts his hands in his pockets and I nod my head. I follow him as I receive stares from people and I make sure to keep my head down."How is he?"

"Bullet almost hit the heart. Four bullets and they only managed to remove three."He stops next to a door and I look at him."They'll have to operate on him for the last time."

Calvin looks at me as I look down and bites my lip. I regret not answering the call and not talking to him."Uhm, okay."My voice is a bit soft as I feel a lump on my neck.

Calvin nods his head as he pushes the door open and she takes a few breaths.I walk in with my eyes fixated on the bed,seeing his body in machines makes my heart turn,the smell of the hospital wasn't my favorite as I remember my mother's father being hospitalized for almost a year because he was really sick with cancer.

I drop my bag on the sling bag and come face to face with him. His muscles are now out,he has a tattoo of Khanya's name and of a gun.

"When is the operation?"I ask Calvin who sat across me as I stand by his left hand."At around five o'clock."
I nod my head as I sit down,take his hand and rub it.

I put his hand on my forehead and closed my eyes."Zeno?"I lift my head,hearing a small voice of a girl and I see it's Khanya.

"Khanya?"I question and Khanya lies her head on my shoulder."It's going to be okay, baby girl."I rub her head that is now braided. I take my one hand and wrap my arm around her waist.

"Yeah."Khanya replies and I nod her head as she is looking for confirmation in those words.

"Have you told your parents?" The one question I dared to ask is about parents that I haven't even seen a photo of. Calvin looks at me with hostile eyes as he rubs his goatee nervously.

"Hm,she even knows the parents in only 2 minutes of knowing the Dlamini brothers."Calvin rolls his eyes,I lift my head up and see the girl who is dressed in tight jeans and white plain shirt,16 inch hair and heels.

"You don't even know the parents."Calvin replies to her and I smirk. She rolls her eyes and looks at me up and down before she turns around. "Anyways… we haven't told the parents,it's a long and dreadful process."

I smirk and shake my head."You just ask for forgiveness."

Calvin rubs his eyes."Zenokhule Mbatha,it takes a lot to please my parents so please."Calvin says and I turn to look at Dumisani."It's not easy for them to forgive us because we will have to leave this lifestyle."He says and I look at Khanya as she is staring at me.

I smile at her and she does the same thing."What happens when you marry Sithelo?"

Calvin smirks as he looks up at his phone."We'll cross that bridge when we get there." I shake my head while I soothe Khanya's back.

"Khanya let's go."I look at Khanya and she shakes her head as she wraps my arm with hers."Khanya!"The mother says sternly.

"It's okay,I'll bring her on my way to my home."Calvin says and I watch her smirk.

"I see I have to move out so Dumisani doesn't see her again if he continues to bring his little toys around my child."I roll my eyes and continue to rub her hair.

"Mandisa,try that and you'll see yourself and Natasha without your children."Calvin says and Mandisa clicks her tongue.

I take my phone out and search for her on IG."Khanya, please be careful."I switch off my phone as Mandisa is kneeling next to her."Tell me if she does something to you."Mandisa says and how can she say something like that to a 5 year old child.

"First of all,why would I do that?"

"You never know with girls like you,maybe you organized the shooting of Dumisani Dlamini."

I look at her with raised eyebrows."uyasangana(you are crazy.)"

"You are the one who is crazy with your friend Sithelo who pimps girls."She says and I smirk.

"She's giving us a problem, please make sure she gets home safely."I turn around and see the security wearing everything black,shades black and a gun. He's bulky and your typical tall,dark and handsome man. He sees me looking and winks at me. I just turn around and look at the tired Khanya.

"Mr Dlamini, the one dressed in church attire."

"No,the other one."He says and I look at Calvin as he types on his phone. I watch as he takes Mandisa out and then closes the door."When you don't cooperate."Calvin says as he clicks his tongue.

"Have they always been like this?"I ask as I bring Khanya to me and allow her to sit on my lap so she can rest her head on my chest.

"They were fine or so we thought. Mandisa never told us she was pregnant until the mother came and Natasha was when I had someone follow her around and I confronted her."I nod my head as I see Khanya wanting to take her father's hand.

I let go of her,she looks at me and I smile at her. She takes it and plays with it. I look at him,his growing beard,fade and just his lips. I couldn't bring myself to believe what I am seeing. I get up to walk to him but feel like I'm going to fall.

"Zenokhule." I feel someone hold my body. I look to see it's Sandile."Are you okay?"

I stood up straight to look at him."Yeah." He lets go of my waist.

"I think the ladies should have bodyguards and drivers"Calvin says

"Which ladies?"I ask and he turns to look at me.

"You, Candace and Sithelo until we find out who is behind the shooting of Dumisani."Calvin folds his arms."I have to hold a meeting with the others and talk about it. I want when your families thinks about bad-mouthing the Dlamini brothers,they also think about how we keep you safe."

I look at Sandile and Calvin. They are so serious,I look at Khanya as she tries to wake her father up."Mhm."I reply and sit back."I would like to visit Dumisani whenever I can."

"Sure. I'll talk to the receptionist and write your name down."Sandile says and I nod my head.

"Boss, she's home safely."The guy came back so quickly. I turn around to see him staring at me.

I look away."Thank you,Thabo and stop staring at Dumisani's wife, you're making her uncomfortable."I feel a smile coming on my face as Calvin addresses the matter.

"Wife?"He questions and I just stare at my feet."Okay."

This was a good visit and I hope to see Dumisani well and alive next time.