19

Wednesday,25 May 202207:34|7:34a

07:34|7:34a.m.

We are sitting on the bed and watching movies. This is literally the sweetest thing I've ever seen done for me. The ex-boyfriend has nothing on Dumisani. We are currently cuddling and this has been going on for four days.

"Hungry?"I look up at him and shake my head."I never got a chance to ask you this but what are your plans for the future other than being a mechanical engineer?"

"Open my own salon but with Sithelo and Candace,get married and make money. What about you? Other than marriage."

"Travel the world with you."I blush and just continue to eat. I hear his phone ring alongside mine.

"I better answer it."I see it's Sithelo and I immediately get up. I slide the answer button."Sesi?"

"Miss Mbatha,do you know where Candace is?"

I lower my eyes."No. Where is she? Is she fine?"

"I don't know because I called her to come chill with me,when I called her she didn't answer her phone and it has been 24 hours since she left the house for school."

"Where was the last place you saw her?"

"She said she was going to Sandile's house to deliver muffins."My stomach tightens and my mind just flows with thoughts on the brothers having a hand in this."Are you okay?"

"I'm thinking,what if the brothers have a hand in her disappearance."

I feel Dumisani unwrap his hands around my waist."Do you think so?"

I look down and just sigh."Let's just forget I said anything."I feel him rest his head on my shoulder."I'll try to call her."

"Okay,sharp."Sithelo says and hangs up. I immediately go to my contacts and try to call her. I get out of Dumisani's grip and go to a guest room. The call goes to voicemail,I go to my Uber app and pay for the Uber.

I go to the bedroom and take all my things."Zeno,where are you going now?"Dumisani asks as he follows me everywhere.

"I'm going home. Where else will I go? My friend might be across the country for all we know."

Dumsani holds my hand and rubs his eyes."Listen, please don't hate me after this."I turn to look at him and he rubs his eyes."We kidnapped your friend."

"I knew it. Why?"

I fold my arms and look at him."It's complicated and you won't want to listen to me."

I look at him and smirk."You what?I'm done with you. Don't call me and don't bother me."

He tries to hold me but I take my pepper spray and spray it into his eyes. For my life,I will run away even when it seems too good to be true. I take my heavy suitcase,go to the yard and see the gate open. I quickly walk away to the stop sign and the Uber driver arrives.