17

Saturday,14 May 20227:45a

7:45a.m.|07:45

I am nervous as I am jogging around the area of my dad's house and it is early morning. I feel like someone is staring at me but I just rub it off. I have my pepper spray with me and my pocket knife.

I feel my body get hot and my chest burn. It's now becoming winter so at least I can jog late in the morning just to see the sunrise.

I stop at a park and try to get my air until I feel someone holding my arm. I take my pepper spray out and aim at them until I see it's Sandile."It's me, okay."

"What are you doing here?"I question him because he doesn't live here.

"I was just driving by and then I saw you... it's dangerous here, Caddy."I look at him and smirk. I fold my arms and rest my head on my shoulder.

"I am not afraid."He looks at me and smiles."You are fierce."

"I know... Let me go back home before my father and mother get worried."

He nods his head and puts his arm around my neck."When are you going to be back at your place?"

"Probably on Monday afternoon."We start to walk to the car and he opens the door for me. I see MacDonald's around the front seat and look at him."What's up with the junk food?"

"I forgot to throw it away."I look at him and see he is avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, okay. Can I throw it away for you,then?"

He shakes his head."It's fine,I'll throw it away when I get home."I nod my head and direct him at my father's area and not exactly at his house."Be safe, Candace. There are a lot of predators out here."

I look at him and nod."Bye."I open the door and close it. I walk to my father's house and get to the gate. I use the remote control to open the gate,enter the gate and close it. I see my mom talking to the bodyguard and she points at me.

"Miss?"She comes to me with a frustrated face and with so much speed."What the hell are you thinking of going outside the gate?"

"I was jogging."She does an eye signal and I turn around to see the same Audi A1.

"You are being followed."My mom whispers and I look at her. My stomach turns and twists."Be careful,Caddy."I remember Sandile's words and I look down as I rub my arms. Am I now in danger?

 Am I now in danger?