35

Friday,15 July 20223:44p

Friday,15 July 2022
3:44p.m.|15:44

He walks downstairs, hearing laughter and joy in the living room of his Durban penthouse apartment so he walks there to see his sister, Dineo and his three month girlfriend, Candace talking about something.

They turn to watch television and Candace turns around to see Sandile standing at the staircase and he's staring at them. He looks down and rubs his head before looking up and walking towards them. He's nervous as he sits down on the couch that is across them since Candace and Dineo are sitting close to each other.

He turns to look at the television to see them watching Redemption on channel 129. "Bengithi usuhambile(I thought you have left)"Dineo says.He looks up and Sandile shakes his head.

"I didn't,I have something important to handle."Sandile says with his taut voice.

Candace chuckles and shakes her head."How long will you be angry about my sexuality, Sandile?"Candace asks.

"I'm not angry. I know you are interested in other girls."

"Then what is it because you have been distant again. You even forgot to wish me an anniversary for the third month."Candace confesses and Dineo gets up.

"No,sit down, Dineo."Sandile says and Dineo looks at him in a questionable way."Please,this issue involves you,too."

Dineo swallows her spit and nods her head. She sits down and crosses her legs, Candace and her exchange looks and then look at Sandile. Sandile rubs his eyes and sighs."Dineo,are you interested in girls? Be honest,I won't judge you."

Dineo widens her eyes."How did you find out?"

"Don't worry about that,just be honest with me."

"Yes,I am. Please don't tell Calvin and Dumisani when he wakes up."

Sandile rubs his goatee and just nods."It's your place to do that. How did you know you are lesbian?"

"I was interested in my best friend's sister back when I was 16 years and she was 15,I felt as though it was wrong but I saw that when we helped each other there was something until she was 16 and I was 17,she confronted me and I told her that I am still discovering myself if I am still into guys but I gave us a chance. Thankfully her sister didn't try to stab me to death."Dineo says the last sentence with a little giggle.

Sandile rubs his eyes."So you are bisexual or lesbian?"

"I'm lesbian, brother."Dineo says while Candace sees Sandile sigh a bit.

"Why are you asking about all of this?"Candace asks him and he looks at her while she has her arms folded.

"I did my research a bit so I want to understand the whole thing about sexuality."Candace looks at him and smirk."What about you, Candace?How did you know you were bisexual?"

"I was 12 when I discovered that I am interested in both genders.I was dating my first boyfriend,you know how primary dating is and when I first felt different from some girls was when I was 13 and the head girl at my school was this hot,smart and humble girl. I didn't tell her that I liked her because she had a boyfriend and I also had a boyfriend. We shared the same table and textbook because I sometimes left my textbook. I was infatuated by her."

Sandile smirks as he sees Candace smile at the memory."Okay. Interesting. Uhm,do you guys get death threats and calls?"

"I got one a month ago,the guy talked about killing me when he sees me but I blocked him and other one was at a shopping mall when I stood in line for Sithelo."Candace confesses.

"I've gotten about 20 calls and more death threats ever since I was 18,"Dineo confesses.

"You have been keeping a record,mos."Sandile says and Dineo nods her head."That's good."

Candace bites her lip and smirks."How do you feel about it?"Candace asks him.

"I honestly don't know but I'll just have to come to terms with it. Dineo will always be my sister and you, Candace,you will always be the girl with the funny personality and a calm aura. I trust your word that you'll tell me when you are interested in someone and when you don't feel this relationship anymore,thank you for your honesty. The both of you, actually."

"You are welcome."Dineo says and her phone as she picks it up and sees the girl who she has been talking to for three months call. She slides the answer button and gets up from the couch."I'll be back, lovebirds."She walks upstairs to her room.

Candace looks at Sandile and smirks. She gets up from the couch,walks to Sandile and sits on his lap. She wraps her arms around his neck and rubs his head."The guy with so much drama."

"I'm sorry for it, again."

"You better mean it this time."

"I mean it, MaMokwena."Sandile says and looks down to see Candace is wearing a dress that exposes her cleavage. He looks up at her face while biting his lip and she smirks."I promise,I mean it."She looks at him with her innocent eyes.

"Ask me anything, Sandile. Don't be afraid of me."He keeps staring at her,she comes closer to him,their noses touch and she pecks his lips making sure to not go overboard since they agreed that if they will do the deed after marriage. Candace initiated it and Sandile agreed which he has found it difficult but for Candace,he's holding on.

Huge time jump next chapter and also I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season as this December is very different from the other December holidays