25

Tuesday,7 June 202212:45|12:45p

Tuesday,7 June 2022
12:45|12:45p.m.

I am still in the studio with DJ Uncle Waffles and Kamo Mphela. We are cooking something and I can't wait for people to hear it.

"I think we should change the last two words."Kamo says and I look at the notebook and bite my lower lip.

"I think it's okay but the beat needs to be changed a bit."Lihle says and I nod my head.

Their heads turn to me as I read the last two lines."Okay,what do you think needs to happen with the last two lines?"

"Remove them but add something that actually works for the last line."

I look at Lihle and she reads the lines."I think they should be removed because the beat doesn't really match."

I read the last two lines again and try to get in a move to it. I look at them and nod."Fine."I take the eraser and take the words out."Okay,let's hear the sound."

My phone rings and I pull it out to see that Calvin's name appears."You can answer the call if you want to."Lihle says and I slide the green button.

"Thanks…hello."

"Hi, Makhumalo."I can hear that his voice is different;he's nervous about something.

"What's up?"

"I don't know how to tell you this but something has happened to Sipho."

My heart beats fast and I just feel my head spin around."What happened to him?"

"He fell off the tree and broke his leg."I try to calm as I turn around and take my bag.

"Everything okay?"Kamo asks and I shake my head.

"I need to go home,my son broke my leg."

They both look at me with worry."You can go and we'll continue tomorrow."

"Thank you, guys. Sorry for the trouble."

"No worries."Kamo says and I immediately go to my car.

"Is he okay, Calvin?"Panic rushes over me as I quickly put the key in the ignition and kick the engine.

"Yeah. We are thinking of taking him to the hospital."

"Hold on,I'm coming there in 5 minutes."

"Okay."He drops the call and I put my phone in the cupholder and drive as fast as I can.

"He drops the call and I put my phone in the cupholder and drive as fast as I can