26

Saturday,11 June 202209:34|9:34a

09:34|9:34a.m.

I'm back in Durban since my mom and dad called me to check on my grandma. I understand why they have been so worried about her.

I see Busi busy while I am sweeping the yard,I haven't told my grandmother about this deep dark secret that I have and I don't think I will because I don't want her to tell my parents so they can have these judging looks.

I see her get up and as I pick up the dirt with the dustpan and put it in the bin."When are you going to tell her?"

"I don't know if I even want to tell her."I say and she shakes her head."She can't know because she'll be so disappointed in me. I hate hurting people."

She nods her head but looks down."You have to do it now before things don't go well in your life. The child just wants to be acknowledged." She holds my shoulder and rubs it.

"I have been hearing weird noises at night or even nightmares."

"Do you talk to someone about it?"She narrows her eyes and I shake my head.

"Oh no, Zenokhule."She shakes her head and looks down."You know what. This is up to you whether or not you want your life to get better."

I look at her as she pats my back and walks away. I can feel that I am alone in this if I continue to not obey what I am told. I just don't know what I am going to say to my grandmother or family and friends.

They are going to hate me for this dark secret. Don't even ask me about Bandile.

 Don't even ask me about Bandile

10:34|10:34a.m.

I take my headphones and play some music. I decide that maybe a jog won't hurt anyone since my grandmother is asleep and I need to do something to put my mind away from the abortion issue for a while.

I close the gate and start jogging. I see that people aren't a lot and they are just enjoying the Saturday morning.

As I am jogging,I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist and they smell terrible like they haven't bathed in such a long time."Let me go!"I hit his arms but feel a sharp metal on my throat.