|| Changing ||

________________________________________________

"She's hurt!"

"Neteyam I'm so sorry I didn't-"

I held my finger up to silence him. She was wounded. I grabbed her body and tried to swim to a healer. I couldn't lose her. Eywa please not her.

"Stay with me."

"Don't leave me here.

"Wake up!"

"Open your eyes!"

"Come on!"

I shook her body lightly as I was swimming. I gave her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Please."

"I need you here with me."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neteyam's  POV

" Family meeting!"

My siblings and I all stared at each other.

" Are we in trouble?", asked Lo'ak.

"Not that I know of," I said.

"Come on, let's see what's going on.", said Kiri.

" See you later Spider," yelled Lo'ak.

We walked back to camp as we sat down in front of them. I didn't have a clue what this was about.

" Your father and I need to discuss something with you all", my mother said.

I knew it was serious because my mother's face was stained with dried tears. I heard them fighting earlier but I knew it was the war stressing them out so I let it go.

" We have to leave home."

" What?", I asked.

"This is a joke right?" said Lo'ak.

" No, no, I don't want to leave home," said Kiri.

" We aren't safe here anymore and I need to protect this family," said my father.

My mother was silent as my siblings and I looked at each other.

Were we going to hide from the sky people? Where would we even go? It felt like we were being cowards. Why was my father taking us away? None of us wanted to leave.

Tuk started crying while Kiri ran out. I'm not happy about leaving but I knew we didn't have another option. I was the older brother and I had to do as I was told and protect my siblings.

It was a hard choice my parents had to make but they did it for us.

We gathered our things as we prepared to leave. As my father gave the position of Olo' Eyktan to Tarsem. We walked as the people looked hurt and disappointed. We said our goodbyes and got on our ikrans and finally left home. I looked back as I was flying feeling the wind flowing in my braids. This could be the last time I'm seeing this place. The forest was no longer our home.