"Breathing"

Neyudia's POV

It couldn't be.

It wasn't possible.

How?

Why is he here again!

"I knew this place was familiar," the man said.

I felt my heart beat against my chest. It beat faster than Thanator. It was like someone was squeezing my chest so tight I couldn't breathe. It's like time stopped and all I could remember that moment.

Flashback:

La'lin was struggling to breathe. I made my aim but my hands were shaking.  As I let out an arrow I missed.

No!

"Say goodbye," he said as he smiled and got his knife and stabbed her multiple times in front of me.  I saw the life drain out of her eyes.

He ripped her to shreds and walked off. I fell to my knees and screamed until my throat couldn't anymore.

I didn't notice sky people coming up behind him with weapons.

"I remember exactly the moment when I killed her in front of your eyes."

"The look on your face," he said while chuckling.

"It was definitely something."

I wanted to rip his guts out and crush them in front of him so he can die for the second time.

I wanted to kill him.

The rage in me was coming out but I couldn't move. All I did was stare into the murderer's eyes. I tighten my fists to stop my hands shaking.

What was happening?

"You couldn't save her. If only you didn't miss that arrow she could have still been alive."

Your fault.

Your fault.

Your fault.

It was all I could think of. How everyday the guilt would swallow me alive.

I felt tears swelling up on my eyes. I felt like a statue. Then I heard the bullet leave the gun as I fell to the floor.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neteyam's POV

I was fighting sky people as they were all around me. I saw Neyudia was talking to a man. I didn't get a good look at his face but I knew he meant a big deal to her. I wasn't able to hear the conversation but as I turned around an alien was coming up to shoot Neyudia.

Move Neyudia!

Neyudia could always sense when someone would be near her and had reflexes. He had his gun ready and his finger on the trigger.

Not on my watch.

I reached for her as I pushed her to the ground and hid to have protection from the bullet. Neyudia's eyes were widened. She was shaking and taking heavy breaths.

"Neyudia what's going on?"

"I-. I can't," she said, struggling to talk.

Tears were spilling out of her eyes. I knew what was happening. She was having a panic attack.

"Hey hey look at me," I said.

She looked at me as she tried to calm down. I held both of her hands as I rubbed my thumb to soothe her.

"Breathe in slowly and breathe out," I said breathing with her.

"I get them too it's okay breathe."

She took a shuddering breath in and let it out.

"He ki- killed h-her Neteyam," she said, stuttering.

"It's all my fa-fault and what i-if I cannot protect you."

" You shouldn't worry about me," I said as I rubbed the wet stains on her right cheek.

"But-"

Before she could finish I kissed her.

The lips that I missed so much. That I craved so much.

I felt her body ease and relax against me. I brought her closer as I pulled away and leaned my forehead against hers. I ran my thumb across the scar on her face as I touched the 3 tattoos she had and looked back into her eyes.

"This is who you are, Neyudia. You are a warrior, a very strong one who fights for her people. The people you care about. Don't let this awful man get to you but instead make him regret coming here."

"So we will finish this fight and make the sky people never come back," I said.

She looked at me as she stood up and grabbed her spear.

It was time to go back to fight.

As she left to go fight off more humans so it was safe enough to release Lo'ak, Tsireya and Tuk I tried to look for the man. He was on the top of the ship observing. I  squinted as I saw who it was. I felt my heart drop to the floor.

That man was the one who killed her sister. And that same man was who destroyed our lives. My family's life. Made everything go straight to shit.

Quaritch.

And I was going to make sure he never came back. This was going to be the end. We aren't going to repeat history.

AUTHORS NOTE: #plottwist Lol it was a short chapter but I just had to end it like that🙄 I hope it's keeping you entertained and I'm really enjoying writing these chapters. But boy do y'all have it COMING. #getreadyfortheride Also thank you for reading to me it's a accomplishment it's gotten to 200 reads honestly and I hope it is worthy of your time since I am not the best writer. HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELLL🤗