"Finding"

Neteyam's POV

My dad got mad at me for not watching Lo'ak. I knew how he was so I just shut up and took it. Sometimes I don't like having to take responsibility for everything.

" Neteyam are you okay?", asked Tuk.

She took my hand and I noticed that I was getting a bruise. I loved Tuk for looking out for us and caring. I picked her up and took her to ma.

" I'm okay Tuk thank you," I said as I smiled.

I gave her a kiss goodnight and got some rest. I woke up to someone shaking me.

I got up fast.

" Calm down Neteyam," said Ma.

You know you can just I don't know poke me instead of shaking!

I calmed down. I thought something bad had happened since every time I was woken like that we had to flee for our lives.

" You need to shower so I can redo your hair quickly," she said.

I groaned. I didn't want her to do my hair, it's painfully. She noticed I didn't get up and she dragged me.

" Ma!"

Eventually I gave in and she started to do my hair.

" Ow! Ma why so hard!", I yelled.

" Stop it, you're being a baby," she said.

She was so aggressive.

As soon as she finished I went out to the water.

Man it felt like my head was going to come off.

I sat down just hearing the noises of the water.

" Neteyam."

I looked to see who called my name. It was Neyudia. I stood up.

" Yes?"

" Why did you lie to me," she said.

" What do you mean?", I said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

" The other day when we were finding Lo'ak you understood what I said underwater," she said as she took a step towards me.

" How?"

Fuck. I got caught. I wasn't sneaky after all.

I looked down.

" I lied," I admitted.

She scoffed and started to walk off. I ran up to her and grabbed her arm.

" Neyudia it was good intentions!"

She yanked her arm away and turned to face me.

" I hate people that lie to me," she said.

" Neyudia I didn't know how else to spend time with you! I did it to try to know you somehow!", I said.

I know lying was not the right thing but what else could I do?

She softened her face.

" You're so- Ugh," she said.

We both heard a loud call.

" Our brothers and sisters have returned!"

" I'm not done talking to you about this," she said as she pointed to me.

" Come and swim with me."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neyudia's POV

I didn't know how to feel. He lied so he could spend time with me? Should I be mad or flattered? I was going to ask my spirit sister, she would understand. I swam to her while Neteyam was next to me. I swam to her and hugged her as I smiled.

" I missed you Ni'ni."

" Me too Neyudia."

"I need your help Ni'ni. I don't know if I should give this boy a chance," I said as I looked at him.

"Neyudia, you should give love a chance besides he's very handsome."

I smiled and looked at him.

"Remember last time though. How hurt I was by that boy?

" Neyudia I have a good feeling about him. What about the voice you hear anything related to him?"

" Yes I've heard the voice saying give him a chance."

" Do it Neyudia."

I swam up and so did Neteyam.

" She's my spirit sister, her name is Ni'ni," I said.

"What did you talk to her about?", he asked.

You.

" Catching up," I said.

We swam back and I grabbed his hand and led him to the rocks to sit down.

" I'm going to continue the conversation I had with you earlier," I said.

"Neyudia I'm sorry but-"

I put my hand up so he could stop talking.

" You didn't have to lie to me," I said.

"If I told you the truth you would have ignored me," he said.

He had a point. I would have because I wasn't going to waste my time. I signed and looked at him. I didn't know how to explain myself.

" I guess you're right but still," I said.

I got distracted and noticed his hair.

" Did you do something to your hair?", I asked.

" Yeah actually, mother did it again," he said as he touched his hair.

I looked up to the sky and got up.

" I should get going but overall I have to say I'm glad you tried."

I was going to think about what Ni'ni said.

I needed to see how things went but was it worth it? Should I risk giving him a chance? What if I fall in love? If I do this I will eventually have to choose between my clan or him.

AUTHORS NOTE: 🤗 Is it me or like do writers blush and get butterflies while writing cause I certainly do. Hope you enjoy reading!! Thank you so much for the people who have read these🫶🏻. Wanted to post a little chapter 🤭