"Hearing"

Neyudia's POV

"He's coming."

"He's coming."

"Neyudia wake up."

"Watch out," said the voice.

I woke up gasping for air. I looked around me, watching my surroundings. My mother was gone like always. I didn't consider her as a mom so I've always been on my own. I chose to pick a different top that was laced with fish teeth. I put my accessories on, weapons and went on my way.

The voice wouldn't shut up. I put my hands over my ears so it could be quiet. I knew it wouldn't work but I felt it echoing in my head over and over again.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

I opened my eyes as the voice faded.

Someone was coming. Who was it?

For the rest of the day I had to observe. I needed to watch out and pay attention to every detail. As I was walking I felt someone grab me. I pushed them against the wall with my knife pressed on their neck but he flipped me over where I was the one on the wall.

" You sometimes have to calm down," he said.

Neteyam.

I flared my nostrils as I tried to escape him but his grip is strong.

" What's going on with you? You are so tense," he said softly as he tilted his head and looked at me.

He was caressing my arm up and down. I relaxed and he let go of me.

"Nothing, I'm fine just watching out for my people," I said.

"There's no danger, Neyudia it's okay," he said.

He picked up my knife and handed it to me. I took it and put it back in my pouch on my hip. He looked at me like he knew I was lying.

" It's none of your business," I said.

" I have errands to do," I said as I left him standing there.

I saw Lo'ak swimming to three brothers' rocks.

Why is he going there alone?

Whatever.

I had no time to focus on anything else. I went to Ronal while she taught me techniques on how to heal and the medicine. I was very enthralled with all of it.

" You would only use that for this," as she moved her arms around showing me the motion depending on what it's for. Before I was going to ask questions Tsireya interrupted.

"Tsireya! I am busy right now," said Ronal.

"I'm sorry mother but I need Neyudia," said Tsireya.

"It can't be that import-"

" It is. It has to do with the sully kids," said Tsireya as she looked my way.