"Questioning"

Neyudia's POV

"Something is going to happen."

"You're going to lose everyone."

"No one is safe. Nowhere is safe."

"Danger is coming."

"Watch out."

"Watch out."

"You better watch out Neyudia."

"Or you'll pay the price."

I couldn't sleep. I stood up all night thinking about everything. About me. Neteyam. Especially Neteyam. My mind couldn't rest. The voice was talking again. Danger was coming and I had no idea what it could be. My parents, sky people?

The sun was rising up so I took a walk around the village. I walked by Ronal's marius as she came out and motioned me to come.

"Neyudia come," said Ronal.

She led me to the discussion room since Na'vi were still asleep.

"I have scheduled a ceremony in two weeks for Aonung and you to be officially together. You will have to mate from the day of the ceremony to a month after that. You will have to choose within that time period."

It was happening too soon. I didn't want to continue with this. I wanted to break it off. But I didn't know how. The hard work I did for this and to throw it away. I want to be with Neteyam but it was a hard choice.

"Ronal-"

"Now I know you have a class to teach so I'll stop keeping you here but Neyudia, you listen here. Always remember your place and everything you did to get to it."

There it was again. It's like she knew what my mind was telling me. It was making it even harder to choose.

I headed to the practice room. I didn't speak at all in the conversation and didn't even bother hearing what she had to say anymore. All that was in my mind was what happened between Neteyam and I.

The class started and I didn't have to announce for them to get into line anymore. I looked around and he was nowhere to be found. Neteyam didn't come.

I wasn't surprised.

"Today you will be practicing how to properly use a spear," I shouted.

It was hard trying to push down these feelings. Why was it so hard now? I was able to shut it down every time.

We started from rock bottom and first practiced the moves without the spear. I felt like my mind wasn't even there. My body did what it had to do but my mind was elsewhere. That elsewhere was with him.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neteyam's POV

I didn't go to class today. I couldn't. I knew if I saw here I would want to straight up kiss her and forget what happened.

Were we over?

That question kept replaying in my head. She would be mated with Aonung. Maybe this was a sign. But I didn't want it to be. I don't care what I had to do to get her back. It was hard being away from her and i would forgive her over and over again. But I need to think through what happened. I understood her side but I needed to get my mind on track.

My siblings eventually came back from the class I was suppose to go to. We all sat down to eat and we were having a good time. It was staring to feel good again. I felt like our family's love was so strong that as long as we had each other nothing could hurt us. I want that type of family. Tonowari then passed by us and looked at my dad.

My parents went out and they talked to him.

"What do you think is going on now?" said Lo'ak.

"Shh!"

I got closer, eavesdropping on what they were saying.

"Has anyone gotten killed?"

"Not yet."

Of course the thought of being okay again vanished.They are tracking us down. Again.

My parents stayed outside as they were talking.

"We have to do something. Find him. Kill him!" yelled my mother.

"We can't risk anything yet. We have to do what it takes to protect this family," said my father.

They were always there for each other and even if they fought they made it work.

Before I heard what they said I heard a loud call.

And it didn't sound like the usual ones.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neyudia's POV

The call was an emergency call. I rushed out and called Stara as I was aside with Ronal and Tonowari. I swam and far ahead I saw a tulkan. I rushed to it and I noticed it was hers. Roa was dead. Along with her calf. I turned to Ronal as she saw her tulkan. She got off her ilu and went to Roa. I swam back with the others and some of our members of the clan came with us. I could see the pain in her eyes. She let out screams and I saw some of the Sully family were here. Neytiri looked like she knew the feeling.

"She was my soul sister. We would sing songs together. She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf," said Ronal with strain in her voice as she looked at all of us.

"What is this Tonowari. What is this!" she screamed.

I went around Roa to observe what happened to her. I found this red stick attached to her. I've never seen anything like it. It had a light flashing into it. I took it off and I went where everyone else was at. Ronal looked at me as she saw what I had.

"What is that," asked Ronal.

"I don't know it was shot into Roa."

I stared at it more as it was in my hands. This wasn't like anything like we had. It was too advanced.

"This was the sky people's doing."I said as I clenched my jaw.

Jake came up to me as he inspected it. He shot a look at Neytiri.

"We need to get back to the clan," said Jake.

The sky people were doing this. The Sully family were bringing them here. I knew they meant no harm but it was going to be our battle. I couldn't help but I have some anger towards them.

Everyone gathered around going crazy. Shouting, screaming, crying, and pushing around.

"The sky people will pay for this," said Tonowari.

"You can't start the fight, they will bring you down," screamed Jake.

The clan were hissing, making so many noises and they weren't listening.

"You need to listen, they will destroy everything you love. Your home, your family," he said as he looked at Ronal.

Some of wanted act while others wanted to hold back.

I went up the rock with Jake.

"Hey!"

They all turned to look at me as they all grew silent.

"Did you listen to him?" I said as I pointed to my ears with anger in my voice.

"Do you want to get you and your family killed by being impulsive? No, so you better settle down and make a plan," I said, gritting my teeth.

"We don't want to lose anyone. We will not repeat history." I yelled staring at every one of them.

If the sky people were coming I would do anything to protect my home.  No one takes anything away from me. I don't have anything to hold on to anymore.I'm willing to sacrifice everything. Whatever it takes.