"Catching"

Neyudia's POV

The party was today and I had no energy to go, but Ronal made me to make sure nothing went wrong. I hoped Neteyam would come so maybe, just maybe, it would be the same again.Tsireya came in like always so we could get ready together.

"Wear this one! It would look so good," said Tsireya with her cheeky smile.

It was the top with coral on the chest while the seaweed brought it together. It had gems all over it. She replaced my shark head charm with a shell. I let my curly hair let loose to bring out the waves. Once I showed Tsireya she clapped her hands.

"You look great, Neyudia!"

I then went to help Tsireya with her hair. I did two braids to go half up with a bun and half down. She put on a jewel top as we got out and left. I know I should have left my knives but I kept the one strapped to my thigh. As I put the knife on my thigh I noticed I still had the bracelet he gave me.

I still would do anything to change the past.

But I didn't know what to do.

"Tsireya can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything," said Tsireya.

No, I couldn't tell her. I told her she couldn't be with Lo'ak and they weren't together because of me. And here I was having a relationship with Neteyam.

"Let's just have a good time," I said.

"That's the spirit!"

"You should talk to him."

"Do it."

"It's meant to be."

"Be."

"Be."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neteyam's POV

I didn't want to go if Aonung was just going to be all over her. It's been two weeks and she hasn't even said anything. I know I've been avoiding her and I needed space but did she not care at all? My mind was a mess but the great thing was I could get drunk.

"Bro get up, it's going to start soon," said Lo'ak.

I groaned as I got up. I fixed my hair and put on my usual bands. I really didn't care how I looked. Besides I didn't want anyone talking to me anyways.

"Alright little bro let's get going," I said.

I was hesitant but maybe it would be worth it in the end?

My brother and sister had been asking me about Neyudia and I and I'm sure they got the hint that something was up between us. I had to admit I didn't know what to do but if she came up to me maybe we could figure it out together.

It was already getting dark so we all headed to the shore where the party was located. I went in and I sat down at the bar.

"Cheer up man."

I turned around.

"Hey Roxto," I said.

"If it's that bad just talk to her," said Roxto.

"I want to but I shouldn't be the one to do so," I said.

"Drink?" the bartender asked us.

"No I'm o-"

"Yes, two drinks please," he said.

I gave him a look.

"You need it dude."