"Racing"

Neyudia's POV

"If the sky people were here last time then they should be going this way," said Tonowari as he was pointing at the map.

"We will have to be ready then," said Ronal.

Neteyam.

Neteyam.

"Neyudia!"

I turned to Ronal.

"Are you listening?"

"Um yes," I said.

I zoned out. I've been distracted these few weeks. I can't grip on anything anymore.

What happened to me? What is happening?

"You must be ready to fight. You are one of our youngest but best warriors. Would you stand up and help us defeat the sky people?" asked Ronal.

I looked at them all.

"They will regret ever coming here," I said as they smiled.

As I finished up I went to train again. I didn't go in the ocean as much but trained to distract myself and take my anger out somehow.  I got all the targets out as I shot all of them in the middle. I was going to practice again but Kiri came in. I got my stuff and rushed out the back. I couldn't be around him let alone any of them. I just couldn't.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neteyam's POV

I kept thinking about what Ma said. I was trying to eat my food as Kiri came in.

"What a load of bullshit," said Kiri.

"Whoa what happened? Was it Roxto!" asked Lo'ak.

"You're such a knucklehead," said Kiri as she pushed him.

"What happened Kiri?"

"It's Neyudia!"

Neyudia. I hated when others brought her up. I would have loved it but after everything went down I'm still struggling.

"What did she do?" asked my little brother.

"I went to the fighting room right?" she said as we were both nodding.

"And Neyudia was there and once I came in she left!"

"She does it to you too!" said Lo'ak.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Every time I get around or close to her she disappears even with Tuk. Tuk is kind of sad about it but I don't know why?"

"I thought she liked us and you guys were like a thing," said Kiri.

"Were," I said.

"What?" they both said in unison.

"It's over now," I said as I left.

It all would have been solved if she heard me out. It was all a miscommunication. Now we were both suffering for no reason.

Why was Neyudia ignoring them?  Did she want absolute nothing to do with me? All the questions I had with no answers. I needed answers.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Neyudia's POV

I was out with Aonung and some friends he brought.

"So Neyudia, are you going to be competing in the race today?" asked one of his friends.