22 | comfort person

Hongjoong decides to take a walk during his lunch break as he always would, to get some fresh air right in between work.

Usually, he would simply exit the building, check where the least people are walking and go in that direction to at least have a little moment in a less crowded space. But this time is different.

The moment he reaches the entrance to the building, stepping out while looking down on his phone for another moment to choose an appropriate playlist to play while walking, someone quickly rushes outside, accidentally brushing his arm in the process before quickly apologising to him. He follows the guy with his eyes, seeing that it was Soobin, who is now standing next to Yeonjun, a few meters away from Hongjoong.

He keeps checking his Spotify playlists though and decides to secretly listen in on their conversation a little bit for as long as it would take him to pick the right music.

"Yeonjunnie? Why are you here?", Soobin asks, "Have you seen San? I could have sworn he came running after you just now, but why is he not with you then?"

After seeing his friend run outside, Soobin had stood in the office for a little moment, processing whatever he had just witnessed. Then he considered talking to Kai, but decided against it rather quickly and ended up stopping by the vending machine to get him and Yeonjun some banana milk from it before he would walk outside and join his boyfriend and possibly also his best friend, who seemed to want to talk to their boss all day for some reason.

"I don't know.", Yeonjun answers with a pout, his brows furrowed in confusion, "I was talking to my friend and heard voices from around the corner, but then someone came up to me from sales and the moment I turned back to my friend, he was gone."

"And San?"

"I don't know? I have not seen San. I came to find my friend, but the only person standing here is that guy."

Soobin looks up to where Yeonjun is pointing at and Hongjoong also looks up secretly, noticing immediately who is standing in front of the building all alone, looking down. But he knows he could not just approach Seonghwa like that. Not when Soobin is standing there, knowing exactly what had happened between Seonghwa and Hongjoong.

So Hongjoong steps aside a little bit until he would be out of sight, while Yeonjun and Soobin just keep talking.

"Ah! That is... that is Seonghwa.", Soobin says, not quite knowing that to do. Should he approach him? Probably not. Or maybe he should? But he hurt San...

"Seonghwa?", Yeonjun asks, angrily pursing his lips the moment he sees how torn his boyfriend looks at the handsome stranger, "Binnie... how do you know that guy?"

Soobin can hear the suppressed anger in Yeonjun's voice, immediately facing his boyfriend, who just laughs nervously and tries to calm him down a bit.

"Ah, no, no, it's not what you think!", Soobin quickly says and leads Yeonjun inside the building again, "Seonghwa is uhm... he is San's ex boyfriend."

Yeonjun's eyes widen the moment he hears those words and Soobin silently hands him a banana milk.

"What? That Seonghwa? The one who cheated on him?", Yeonjun asks to make sure he remembers right and forcefully stabs the straw in before he takes an angry sip of his banana milk, while he and Soobin get back inside the elevator to get their stuff from upstairs.

"Yes. He only had one boyfriend before that guy he was seeing afterwards.", Soobin explains, "Seonghwa, San and I used to be close friends. When I met them, they had already been a couple. But neither San nor I have seen him ever since that day San found him in bed with uhm..."