Part One: From Commoner to Marchioness to Duchess

They say that it can not happen but it did for Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell on the day she first set step on Star Base 12 when the USS Republic orbited around Star Base 12 and on the arm of Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley who became her very first friend until they day they both passed away.

It was a late June day in 2274 after a four and half year long journey from Post World War Three Planet Earth when The USS Republic orbited around Star Base 12 and off she walks on the arm of Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley and waiting to greet the new arrivals are Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR, Duke of Norfolk Territory , his first cousin twice removed, Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory and his youngest unmarried son, Lord Andrew Charles Howard.

When Lt Kevin Thomas Riley introduces Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell to Lord Charles Andrew Howard, Duke of Norfolk Territory , Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory and Lord Andrew Charles Howard,  both feel their hearts beat fast.

Lt Kevin Thomas Riley is a good friend to Lord Richard William Carey and he has nothing but contempt for Lord Andrew Charles Howard  and it started away back when they both attended Star-Fleet Academy. 

Lord Andrew Charles nudges his father " Please father. Introduce me to her." Lord Andrew Charles asks his father.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR says " May I present my youngest son, Lord Andrew Charles Howard to you Mademoiselle Karissa." 

Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell looks at Lord Andrew Charles Howard and she gives him a curtsy and he bows and she looks at Lt Kevin Thomas Riley " Kevin. Aren't there any normal people living on Star Base 12 but stuffy runny nose aristocrats with a golden spoon stuck up their rear-ends."  Karissa asks Kevin.

"Karissa. Most of are students at Star-Fleet Academy.   Star Base 12 has been governed by the Aristocracy since 2165." Kevin explains to Karissa.

"Why didn't the damn United Federation of Planets tells any of us this?" Karissa asks Kevin.

"The United Federation of Planets is full of surprises, Karissa and it is like any other government." Kevin explains.

"I don[t intend to become one of them." Karissa explains, " Look at them Kevin with their rigid rules and protocol.  Why isn't this Lord Andrew Charles Howard married?"  

"I don't know any women here on Star Base 12 who is an aristocrat o commoner who would marry him  Karissa." Kevin tells her.

"What is wrong with him? He has good looks, dresses fine, and he has a great smile but the personality of a rattle snake." Karissa tells Kevin.

"Karissa  would you date a rattle snake?" Kevin asks her.

"Now Kevin. You know I wouldn't. A rattle snake is deadly." Karissa answers.

"I have to admit his cousin, Lord Richard William Carey is fine and handsome man." Karissa admits.

"Karissa. Lord Richard William Carey is not married." Kevin tells her.

"He is Duke of Bedford Territory which is the second largest Dukedom and Territory on Star Base 12." Kevin tells her.

"Lord Richard William Carey is from a good gentry family and not from an aristocrat family." Kevin tells her.

"Lord Richard William Carey  and Lord Andrew Charles Howard are second cousins through their great-great-grandfather, Lord Frederick William Carey and his two children, Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard." Kevin explains.

"Lady Sophia Charlotte had the good sense to marry outside of her stuffy family." Karissa asks.

"I will ask Lord Richard William Carey to see you safely to Madame's Boarding House that is located in Bedford Territory. He is Duke there and due to the prime directive Lord Andrew Charles Howard can't cross the border into another territory without consent from the present Duke of the territory." Kevin explains.

"Kevin.  Lord Howard looks like he is rebellious, defiant and could careless about the Prime Directive." Karissa tells him.

"Lord Andrew Charles is exactly that  Karissa. He is very rebellious, very defiant, and he doesn't care about any rules or protocol." Kevin tells Karissa.

"He better stay away or I will make him wear his family jewels as earrings." Karissa tells him and with that Kevin asks his good friend, Lord Richard William Carey to escort Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell to Madame's Boarding House.

It was as Lt Kevin Thomas Riley is making sure his good friend, Lord Richard William Carey gets to know Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell and Kevin Thomas Riley is happy when his son, Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II marries Lady Caroline Matilda Carey , Lady Karissa and Lord Richard William Carey daughter in 2303.