𝟹 | 𝙿𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚘

After grabbing the gun and running far away from Kisaki and his little group, you run deep into the woods

After grabbing the gun and running far away from Kisaki and his little group, you run deep into the woods. Your mouth hangs open as sweat drips down your face. It must still be the middle of summer, considering how hot it is despite it being nighttime.

In the midst of it all, you hear a snap and end up tumbling down a hill. At the bottom, you scream out in pain. Looking down at your left foot, you find it stuck in a large bear trap. And then, your head spins and hits the ground. Everything around you fades to black and you pass out right there.

The next time you wake up, you see a woman about your age with an oversized black jacket leaning over top of you.

"Hey there," she smiles down at you. But something about the way her green eyes glare into your soul tells you that she may not have the purest intentions.

"Who are you?" you ask in a daze from serious blood loss. But as you begin to remember the situation you're in, you sit up and look down at your messed-up ankle.

"Shit," you then grumble. She must've been the one who set the trap. But then next time you look up, just beside your injured foot, you see a vaguely familiar man. How could you not recognize blonde and purple striped hair?

"Wakasa?" you mutter as he reaches for the lollipop stick in his mouth and pulls it out, grinning lazily back at you.

Suddenly, you find yourself flashing back to the time before you were transported into the wild existence you're currently in.

When you worked the nightclub as a bartender, Wakasa would come in every so often. He was a salesman of a sort, always looking to sell some idea.

"Look, I'm just saying that virtual waitlesses are a great way to maximize your customers. You know that 54% of people leave when they see a line outside your building, right? That's just a fact. So whaddya think?" he grins lazily.

"I'm sorry, Wakasa, but we don't really need more customers. I mean, there's a line for a reason. We can only have a certain amount of people in here at a time so if they leave, it's not really a big deal," you shrug.

"Shit," he shakes his head as he watches you make a drink for another customer. "Well when you put it that way, I guess you do have a point."

"Then if you have no other crazy scams to sell me and you don't want another drink, good night Wakasa," you wink as you hand another customer their drink.

"Hey, I never said I wasn't going to order again. I'll have whatever you just made that guy," he nods.

"It's pretty sweet. Are you sure you can handle it? It might shrivel up your bitter heart," you tease.

"Ouch," he smirks as he clutches his chest. "You got me. How 'bout you call me a ride home then?"

"We don't provide that kind of service here," you sigh as you lean against the counter in front of him.

"Yet another thing you could do to make your customers happier," he shakes his head. "Well, guess I'll call a ride for myself then. Have a good night, Y/N."

"You never stop, do you?" you chuckle as you watch him reach into his wallet.

"Well," he hums as he places three ten-thousand yen bills on the counter, "I guess I keep coming back to see your pretty face. Can you blame me?"

"I can and I will," you smile as you watch him toss his coat around his shoulders.

"Well then I'll see you next Friday with another great idea," he tells you.

"You know I don't own this place, right?" you laugh as you shake your head.

"You're the bartender. I know you've got at least some pull around this place. And I'm sure I'll be able to win you over eventually."

"Good luck with that," you smile.

"Much appreciated," he waves just before walking toward the entrance of the club. You shake your head as you watch him go, a bit angry with yourself that you know he's right. He will win you over eventually. It is quite hard to resist one of the most handsome and persistent regular customers, after all.

Back to the present time when your foot is still stuck in a bear trap, you pull yourself out of your trance and blink toward the man you used to know.

"I know you..." you mutter.

"Uh-huh, I know. Get over it. What's important right now is that we get your foot out of this trap," he shakes his head as he looks down at the trap you've got yourself stuck in.

"You know? So you remember me? And it's really you?" you continue to ask. You'll do anything to ignore the serious predicament on your lower half. "Wakasa, where are we? And who is she?"

But despite how much you try to get him to talk, he doesn't want to hear any of it.

"Sit her up," he says to the woman, who then promptly does as he asks. She sits you up against a tree nearby and watches as Wakasa presses down on the side of the trap.

"C'mere," he then tells her. "I'm going to press down on these springs to close them. As I do that, you need to open up the jaws and pull her foot out, okay?"

"Sure," she nods firmly.

Tears start to form in your eyes as the two of them apply a bit of pressure on your fresh injury. But less than three minutes later, they've tossed the trap to the side and you're finally free.

"Shit, how does it feel even worse now," you groan as you lean your head back against the tree behind you. "Thank you so much but what the hell do I do with it now?"

"Could always amputate," Wakasa grins at you.

"Still a dick I see," you grumble.

"Stay still, we'll bandage it as best as we can," he replies.

"And try not to shout too much," the woman beside you sighs, "You're going to draw unwanted attraction to our location."