Chapter seven

Harry didn't stay on the phone but a moment or two, before he hung up the phone and called another number. Hermione's boss, said she just left, so she should be there shortly. Harry nodded, even if it couldn't be seen, before he hung up their house phone, again. "She stay over, but she should be here before to long." Harry said, making his way over to the table.

Narcissa let Hermione in roughly twenty minutes later, when she knocked on their front door and she finished the last bits of dinner. The five them set around the table, eating the dinner Narcissa Malfoy made. Well, the three of them did. The pair that had vodka running throughout their blood, was simply just pushing around the fork on their dinner plates.
Hermione seem the baby monitor. Just a simple radio looking object that would fit in the palm of ones hand. Green, showing a full battery life. The noises started off slow. The month old girl waking up slowly. She was in need of her dinner soon too. Midway through dinner, the infant girl started to whine, that would turn into cries if she didn't get her dinner bottle soon. "Draco, get Viv would you?" Narcissa asked, knowing her son wasn't eating dinner anyway, and she was certain the new pair in their home would most certainly want to see the newborn girl. Draco nodded as he got up and hurried up the stairs to get the girl.

Draco turned off the baby monitor as he walked over to the crib and looked down at the teary eyed girl. "Now, now. We didn't forget about you Viv." Draco said, putting his hand on her little tummy. She just looked at him with her Teary eyes and whined out. Draco grabbed her small blanket and slowly picked the fussy, hungry girl up and took her down the stairs. Before Draco could reach the bottom step, his mother had spoke to him, inside his own mind. The shared the same ability, at least with one another. The pair could communicate with another, without speaking a word out loud. Give her Viv, I know he won't ask. Jumped into Draco's mind, who had to try not to let it frighten him. He disliked his mother appearing in his thoughts without warning, but she wasn't wrong. Hermione Granger, wouldn't ask the middle aged couple, if she could hold the baby girl. Draco knew that for certain, she wouldn't ask.

Draco also didn't say a word when he turned into the dinning area, just tucked the blanket around the baby girl and handed Violet to Hermione, who wasn't expecting the infant girl to be eased down in her arms. Little Viv looked at the new woman with little big eyes, unsure of what to make of the woman holding her. Her smell was much different then her family. She did whine out for her bottle. She was still a hungry little girl. After a couple seconds, the bottle was handed to Hermione, who smiled lightly.

Dinner was finished not much longer later, Viv settled asleep in the new woman's arm. Hermione stood over the couch, talking to Harry softly to keep form waking the infant girl. Draco had dropped down beside the young man, and his parents still in the kitchen. Draco assumed, cleaning up their dinner mess. Hermione's and Harry's conversation was of nothing of important to either person. The mood needed to keep clam, as there was enough things to worry about and the infant girl needed her rest. "You two didn't eat much..." She said softly. "Don't start, please." Harry said, seeing the frown form on her face. "Harry, all you are doing is cancelling out the effects of the medicines." She pointed out. "I don't recall asking for you to play babysitter with me. You have a baby to watch, why don't you go do that?" Harry said a bit hateful. Harry was so over today, and he was over a lot of the life, currently. Hermione frowned, but left the pair sitting on the couch.

Hermione eased the sleeping infant girl into the crib, once she found the nursery beside the master bedroom, the room Narcissa shared with her husband, Lucius. Little Violet kept asleep, as she turned back on the baby monitor, and reached over to turn the lamp off. She eased the nursery door almost shut, greeted by Narcissa. "I can set up the couch, once the boys head upstairs." She said softly. "I...should go back to the apartment, Mrs. Malfoy. It is best if Harry keeps here, but Ron and I need to talk." She said softly. "Are you... certain there's been enough time?" She asked, showing her concerns for the girl standing before her. Hermione looked uneasy, but gave a nod. "It's...going to take time for those wounds to heal, Mrs. Malfoy. I thank you both. I very much enjoyed my time spend with her and dinner was well. My time is needed elsewhere, However." Hermione said and after a pause, she nodded. "Please...We don't care the time, if things become uneasy or ... Unsafe, come back." Narcissa said and she smiled lightly. "I will, thank you." Hermione said.

It was time for the eleven o'clock news that night when Lucius Malfoy came down the stairs, into the bedroom. Harry was surprised by the outfit the half asleep man had on. His hair was still that very long he had always known, but all resting to his back, damp form the shower he just stepped out of. He had a yellow T-shirt on with some long white cotton pants. Harry seen his old mark, but nothing could be done about it. The man also wore some yellow socks, and a pair of glasses on his nose. "Eleven already?" Draco asked and the man nodded at his son and friend on the couch. "You two really should sleep, haven't you been up since yesterday morning?" Lucius asked, but made his way over to his recliner, across form the television and to the left of the couch.