Chapter 12

The Mikaelson came over this morning and then it hit me.

It was Friday.

A school day.

I had skipped this week, but I was supposed to show up today.

Oops.

“Hey Mads, I'm late.” I yell running up the stairs.

I skipped over the top step and ran towards Maddies room.

“Madeline open the door, we’re late. It’s our first day.” I can hear her scurrying off her bed from behind the door.

“Shoot!” I hear her yell.

She whips open the door and her toothbrush is hanging from the side of her mouth and she is on one foot trying to put on her shoes.

“Shoot, we gotta go.” I yell running over to my room to throw on a pair of jeans and a tank top.

I threw on my clothes that were clean.

I think.

“Maddie last call, we're late.” I slide down on the rails of the stairs gliding down gracefully.

I land with two feet and run towards the door.

I grab my leather jacket and the motorcycle keys off the hook and try to find my shoes.

“Madeline come on.” I yell.

“Coming.” I hear. All of a sudden a pair of shoes are thrown off the landing. My shoes.

“Thanks Mads I almost forgot.” She winks and slides down the stairs too.

I sit down and lace up my shoes.

I’m fumbling with the laces now out of stress.

“Five minutes and counting.” Maddie tells me as I jump up and unlock the door.

“Ok.” We both grab our bags and head out.

“Motorcycle now go go go.” I yell as me and Mads run towards the motorcycle.

We mount the bike and Mads goes into the kid friendly part in the back that has a better seat and more straps.

Then we’re off to school.

I arrived at the office just in time to get my schedule.

“Thanks.” I tell the office aids before I make my way to my first class.

The bells had already rang, but the office lady told me I could pull the ‘it’s my first day’ excuse.

My first class was Alaric's thank god.

I start to make my way to class and I run into the last person I want to see.

My ex.

Jess Macinfield.

We broke up when I had caught him cheating.

He was kinda known for it but me being the hopeless romantic I am thought I could change him.

Classic good girl bad guy plot right.

Usually in the movies it doesn’t end up like this.

“Hey Gilbert.” Jess says from up the hall. His words echo a bit just adding to the dramatics perfectly.

“Hi.” I say shortly, giving him a dirty look. He just smiled at me like it was a joke.

“Your back huh.” He says trying to make conversation.