61| One night, two mistakes

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Alejandro asks and grabs my wrist when I try to get around him.

Was he looking for me?

He looks even more drunk.

"I'm going home." I try to take my hand away, but his grip gets tighter.

"Already? I'm not done with you yet."

"Wh-what?" I'm in amazement. "I wasn't going to start with you." I let out a chuckle and look into his misty gray eyes.

"I like the bold ones," he smirks, burning a hole in me with his gaze.

His pupils are too dilated, probably on some kind of drug.

"Maybe it's time to start?" Alejandro pulls my hand towards him, I rest my feet on the floor, making every effort not to budge. He takes a step and stops as the door opens behind me, accompanied by a creak. I follow the guy's gaze, and I feel Jesus towering over me.

"All fine here?" I hear his voice from behind.

I open my mouth, but Alejandro is ahead of me in a metallic voice:

"It will if you leave us alone."

I turn around and look for support in Jesus' eyes, meanwhile I try to free my hand, but Alejandro pulls me towards him.

"Let her go, a taxi is waiting for us outside." Jesus calmly orders.

"Sorry, but she stays with me..."

Alejandro doesn't finish because Jesus rudely interrupts him:

"I said let her go," he looks at Alejandro in such a way that I feel uncomfortable myself.

After a second of visual combat, Alejandro complies, and I withdraw my hand.

"What's wrong with you? Let me talk to the girl." Alejandro asks now too respectfully.

"She doesn't hang out with people like you." Jesus gently takes my hand and leads me away.

Squeezing through a crowd of drunk guys and girls, Jesus pushes the front door and we find ourselves on the street.

I breathe a sigh of relief and Jesus lets out a chuckle.

"What?"

"Are you upset?" he asks gently.

"That guy was too persistent," I'm going to justify myself, "I was afraid..."

"What?" Jesus catches my eye.

I rest my eyes on the concrete path under my feet, I feel ashamed.

"You have nothing to fear when I am around." He says confidently, and I regret that once I did not flare up reciprocal feelings for him.

"This guy...?"

I hint at Alejandro, and Jesus immediately understands me. Always understood.

"He's always on drugs and he's a bad asshole, you shouldn't mess with people like that."

"And it stands straight with you," I jokingly reply.

"Hey hey, I'm not a drug addict," we laugh.

There is silence and I look at the flower bushes in the yard.

"I was glad to see you." Jesus says too stiffly, obviously nervous.

"I missed you too." I sincerely smile from the bottom of my mouth.

He hugs me. I press myself against his chest and he rests his chin on the top of my head. I do not want to leave, but on the other hand, there is nothing left for me to do here.