Life Support (pt. 2)

Clint's POV

"Put him there."

I listened to Tony and gently laid Pietro down on a lab table in The Med Room. He had jumped out of his iron man suit, literally, and started looking around the room for things.

"Jarvis, get Dr. Cho down here. Run full test on Quicksilver," he demanded to the AI.

"Right away, Sir."

"Clint, get that scalpel," he pointed to the desk behind me. I picked it up and looked back down at the body on the table.

"You're gonna cut him open??" I asked alarmed.

"No. We're going to take the bullets out."

"I think I'm going to be sick," I said leaning over the operation table.

"You want him back, don't you?" He had a scalpel in his hand and tweezers.

I looked down at Pietro's pale, dead face. I slowly nodded.

"Then stop being a little bitch and help me." He quickly cut Pietro's shirt straight down the middle. He peeled back the blood stained fabric. It was sticky and caked with blood. Tony reached back to a small table and picked up something.

"Take out anything that looks like metal," Tony said handing me a pair of tweezers.

I located the first bullet hole on his chest. His beautiful, muscular chest. I worked the scalpel in and flinched when it cut him more. Good thing he can't feel this.

"I'm not exactly a surgeon," I said finally pulling out the first bullet. Tony already took three out.

"Just a few more," he muttered. His hands were steady as he fished out another bullet from his shoulder. I looked for the next bullet hole.

"I finished them all in his chest but there's some on his thighs," he said. My eyes followed his down Pietro's body.

"I have to go down there?" I asked like a teenage girl who hadn't seen a penis before.

"Something tells me you wouldn't mind," he smirked, cleaning his tools and placing them on the metal side table. He wiped his hands on a brown towel and stuck it back into his back pocket.

I looked at him and frowned. "Shut up, Stark."

He held his hands up in surrender. "Alright, fine." He was about to cut Pietro's pants away when a women walked in. She had people following behind her rolling a huge machine.

"Dr. Cho-" Tony started.

"I will take it from here but you all must go," she already had her nurses mask over her mouth.

I dropped my bloody scalpel and the bullet I pulled out on the metal table next to Tony. My hands were covered with blood. Pietro's blood.

I snatched the towel out Tony's pocket and desperately tried to wipe the blood off but it was already starting to stain my skin. I stood in front of Dr. Cho as she was walking towards the table Pietro was on.

"Can you save him?"

"My new technology should be able to save your friend but I'm not certain-"

"Please, try. He's more than a friend," with a smile, I looked back at the silver speedster on the table.

She stared at me a while with sadness in her eyes. I gave a small nod and left the room.

------------------------------------
Hours later....