So Was I

Inspired by the Civil War trailer

Omg I die. Comment what you thought of it or message me if you want to talk because omg. I cried.

GO WATCH IT!
>Video included is a beautiful fanmade Civil War video <

I wanted to do a Stony oneshot because I have the feels so bad rn.
(Excuse any mistakes. I wrote this in a day)

Trigger warning: mentions of suicide at the end

"You have to understand how I feel, Steve! You don't think this hurts me!?"

"I'm sorry, Tony."

"Sorry!? All you have to say is sorry!? You're leaving me to hunt down some ghost of a friend and all you have to say is sorry?"

"Yes."

Tony angrily flipped one of his lab tables. Steve stood unmoved in the door of the lab with his shield in hand. He just told Tony that he had to go. He was leaving everything they could've had, behind, to go search for his not-so-dead best friend.

"You realize Hydra will come after you, right? He's a fugitive, Cap. You're only putting more people in harms way," Tony seethed.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take," Steve said firmly.

Tony couldn't even look at Steve again. Instead, he stared down at the ground with his jaw clenched. He felt Steve's statue-like presence over him and snapped his head up. Steve's face softened as he leaned down and brushed his lips against Tony's. It was a ghost of a kiss and Tony had to mentally ask himself if this was real.

"Goodbye, Tony."

Tony let Steve walk out. He sat their and watched the man he had so much history with walk right out of his life.

✖✖✖

"Tony, we found him."

Tony quickly set his Iron Man helmet down that he was repairing and followed Rhodey out of his lab and into the government facility upstairs.

"How do you know it's him?" Tony choked out, not wanting to get his hopes up. They'd been searching for Steve ever since he went MIA a year ago looking for the Winter Soldier.

"Yeah, he made sure we knew," Rhodey responded, quickly scanning his fingerprint and pushing the door open.

"Show him," were the only two words the War Machine said before all the agents began calling up screens.

Tony watched the video produced on the screen as Steve was knocked to his knees with the butt of a gun. He was surrounded and hung his head in defeat. Tony figured the soldier undoubtedly put up a fight.

"Steven Rogers, you are being brought in by order of SHIELD and Stark Industries for crimes that violate the Superhuman Registration Act," the man aiming a gun at Steve's head said.

Steve looked up at the man with a look of pain and defeat.

"Tony?" He asked in a raspy voice.

Instead of answering the former captain, the other soldiers closed in. The video stopped there and Tony snapped his head towards Rhodey.

"Is he here?"

"Yes, but Tony-"

"I wanna see him."

"Tony-"

"Take me to see him, Rhodey!" Tony yelled.

The billionaire's friend sighed because he knew, in the end, Tony will get what he wants. He assigned someone to help them out with the codes when they got down there.