Hawksilver

Dedicated to: rawwwwwwwwwwwwwwr

Pietro's POV

"Are sure you don't mind?" Clint asked me for the millionth time.

"Yes, Clint, I'm sure. It'll be fun," I said smiling at the little boy peeking from behind his legs.

Clint asked me to babysit his little boy Nate while he goes to run some "superhero errands". He was in his Hawkeye uniform already and he had his ex-wife Laura drop Nate off at Avengers HQ.

Clint nodded and dropped to one knee to look at his son. " You're gonna stay with Big Pietro until Daddy gets home okay?"

"Where's Auntie Nat?" The little boy asked curiously.

"She can't babysit this time, bud. She's going to be helping Daddy fight bad guys. So, you're gonna stay with my friend. Understand?"

I smiled to encourage the little one that it was alright but inside I felt a bit a sadness. Clint will always think of me as his friend and nothing more.

"Okay, Daddy." The little boy said looking down at his purple, light up sneakers.

Clint embraced the child and I had to bite my lip to stop an 'awww' from escaping my mouth. He is so good with kids and seeing him with Nate just makes me want him more.

Even though he doesn't want me.

"Thanks again, Pietro. I might be back late tonight so bed time is 9 p.m. and don't forget to feed my child," he said with a sly smile.

"No problem. You stay safe out there, yeah? I'm not out there to save you if something goes wrong," I joked to make it seem friendly. Even though it's really nerve wrecking watching Clint, who is just a man, go out and be a superhero. I'm always scared that he is going to get hurt.

"I'll be fine," he smiled. His smile made me want to grab his face and kiss him or even get I hug but that wasn't normal for our friendly relationship.

Clint looked down at the floor and pressed a finger to his ear. I guessed that it was Natasha contacting him on comms. "On my way," he said and began walking away from us.

"Bye Nate! You guys have fun!" He called back before bending a corner, heading towards the quinjets.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I asked and got down on my knees so I could be on his level.

He smiled. "You talk funny," he said pointing a little finger at me. I smiled at the brown haired boy.

"Vhat are you talking about?" I asked letting my thick accent take over. He giggled and I pretended to pout. He squished my cheeks together and giggled again.

I laughed too because his laugh was contagious. I scooped him up and put him on my shoulders.

"So what do you do with your Dad?" I asked hoping it would give me an idea of what we could do. After all, we had until 9 p.m. and it was only 1 p.m.

"Well he's teaching me to shoot a bow and arrow," he says holding onto my head so he doesn't fall.

"Well I can't do shoot but I can run," I said pulling him down from my shoulders and holding him in my arms.

"Daddy says you can run really fast," he smiles, "can you show me?"

"Hold on," I grinned and held him tighter. He wrapped his arms around my neck nearly suffocating me. I didn't mind as long as he was safe.

"Don't close your eyes," I whispered before taking off for the training room. I didn't run my full speed but still fast enough for the kid to be impressed.