Let the Chunin exams begin

Sayomi's pov

"Oto-chan, are you hiding something?" I asked, staring at Ibiki. "It looks like it."

Ibiki had just done something, but didn't want to tell me what. He didn't even let me come near to the place he was. I sighed in defeat, knowing he wouldn't tell me. I'll find out soon enough.

I waved goodbye and left to meet up with my teammates. I was perfectly aware of the fact I would be late, but I didn't care.

On my way, I saw Kakashi. I eventually walked next to him and said hello. He jumped up, not having noticed me. "I'm sorry for scaring you, Kakashi-sensei." I apologized. "Mind if I walk with you?"

"No. Not at all." Kakashi replied, giving me a closed eye smile.

When we arrived, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura looked like they've been waiting for hours. "Sorry we're late, we got lost." I said, waking them up.

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura and Naruto yelled in unision.

*timeskip no jutsu*

After all those horrible D-ranks, we were walking with the four of us, Naruto and Sasuke continuing their 'rivalry'. "Geez, can't you two just try to get along?" I asked them.

"Let's call it a quit for today." Kakashi stated, before poofing away after Sasuke left. Right after he was gone, there was a square rock with two holes in it. 'That's the worst disguise I've ever seen...' I thought, but Naruto was running away from it, while the rock followed him. After a few times of turning around, he finally realized the rock was actually a disguise. 'He's so slow...'

After they introduced themselves, Konohamaru asked if Sakura was Naruto's girlfriend, and being the idiot he was, he said yes. Sakura immediately gave him a hard punch and poor Konohamaru was punched after calling her ugly. "Konohamaru, I'm warning you, don't call girls ugly." I warned him with a friendly smile. "I hope you'll actually take my advice, unlike Naruto."

Konohamaru didn't take my advice, called Sakura ugly again and we were soon chased by her, until Konohamaru bumped into a guy from Suna, with a blonde girl next to him. "That hurt." he said before picking him up by his scarf.

"Let him go!" Naruto cried out, but the boy didn't listen.

"Naruto, just ordening him aruond isn't going to help." I said. "He won't listen anyway."

"Then what do we do then?!" Sakura cried out.

"Simple. Torture." I replied. "Mentally, of course."

The guys from Suna didn't seem to be scared at all. Not like I did expect it though, concidering how short I was. Just when I wanted to decide to just give them the silent treatment, a rock was thrown at the guy.

I was not surprised to see Sasuke, with a smirk on his face.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura squeeled, causing me to sweatdrop. Seriously Sakura, you couldn't do anything yourself? You just had to wait for that show off to show up? "Was that necessary?" I asked sarcastically.

Sasuke squished a rock. Show off. Just when that guy from Suna wanted to unwrap whatever it was that was on his back, someone stopped him. "Kankuro. Stop. You're a disgrace to the village." a redhead told the guy.

"G-gaara..." the guy, who I guessed to be Kankuro then said.

The redhead, I guess his name is Gaara, appeared next to the other two from Suna and turned around. "Let's go." he said, walking away from us.

"Wait! Who are you?" Sasuke asked, making two of them turn around.

"Huh? Me?" the blonde girl asked.

"No. The one with the gourd on his back." Sasuke replied.

I was about to make a sarcastic comment, but Gaara answered Sasuke's question first. "I'm Gaara of the Desert." he replied. "I'm also curious about you."

"Sasuke. Sasuke Uchiha." Sasuke told him.

"And who's the short girl with the headband?" Kankuro asked.

"Sayomi Morino." I replied.

"Oh oh! You're probably dying to know my name right?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"I couldn't care less." Gaara replied before they turned around to leave.

"Wait! Judging from you headbands, you're from Suna. What are you doing here?" Sakura asked them.

"We're here for the Chuunin exams." they replied before they left.

"What are the Chuunin exams?" Naruto asked, causing all of us to sweatdrop. Sometimes, I just couldn't believe his stupidity.

*timeskip no jutsu*

"I've recommended you for the Chuunin exams." Kakashi said with a closed eye smile. "It's up to you to decide wether you want to enter or not." He gave us all a paper we had to fill in. After telling us where we had to be tomorrow, he left.

The next day

When we've arrived at the real third floor (they've already had the whole genjutsu thing), we were ready to leave and go to the room we had to go to. Just when we wanted to leave, we were stopped by a guy in a green jumpsuit and a bowl cut, reminding me of Gai. "Sasuke. I want to fight you." he said. He introduced himself as Rock Lee.

He ended up fighting Naruto, though it wasn't really much of a 'fight'. Naruto was defeated within seconds. Sasuke fought him after that, but lost while he used his Sharingan. Just when Lee was about to unwrap the bandages around his arm, he was stopped because a voice told him not to do it. A giant turtle stood there, and I recognized it as Gai's summon. I hid behind Sasuke, since he was the tallest. I didn't want to be seen by Gai, what he would do would be so embarrassing...

After scolding Lee, he noticed us. "You're Kakashi's team, right?!" he asked. "Hm, I've got the feeling someone's missing..."

I noticed Sasuke stepped aside, revealing me. 'Wow Sasuke, if I get trust issues, you'll be the one to blame.' I thought, before Gai recognized and threw me in a tight hug. CAN'T! BREATH!

"Huh? Sayomi-chan, do you know him?" Naruto asked.

Gai let me go and I immediately stood by my teammates. "That comes later, let's go, I don't want to be late." I stated. "Bye Gai-sensei."

*timeskip no jutsu*

We were talking to a guy who did the Chuunin exams for his seventh time already. He had shown information about Lee and Gaara to Sasuke. Right before three Sound nin tried to attack him, oto-chan appeared. "I'm Ibiki Morino. Proctor of the first stage of the Chuunin exams. The written exam." he said.

'So that's what he was hiding...' I thought. 'This is not going to be easy...'

----

Hope ya liked this chappy!

Sayumi will be back next chapter.

-x Crartistic