Invasion!

Sayomi's pov

I watched at the fight between Sasuke and Gaara, standing next to Kakashi-sensei. "Good job on your fight against that girl from Suna." Kakashi complimented me.

"Thanks!" I said with a smile on my face. "How did you run late anyway?"

"You don't want to know." Kakashi replied. "It's a long story."

*timeskip no jutsu*

Sakura had released the genjutsu on Naruto and Pakkun had bitten Shikamaru, making him jump up.

"You were awake the whole time?!" Sakura scolded.

"This is such a drag..." Shikamaru muttered.

Just when we wanted to leave to chase after Sasuke and those Suna ninja, my pols was grabbed from behind by a man wearing a mask. "You're not going anywhere, Tsukino." I heard a low voice come from it.

"Sayomi-chan/Sayomi!" Sakura, Shikamaru and Naruto yelled in unision.

"Go on! You need to catch up with Sasuke! I'll handle him!" I cried out before escaping from the man's grip and jumped into the fighting area, to make sure I had more space. While dodging his attacks, I tried to think of something I could use against him.

I started seeing a pattern in his attacking style after a while. He first tried to kick me, then try to punch me, and so on. As soon as he tried to punch me and kicked against the leg he stood on while kicking. I put as much force into it as I could, hoping I had seriously injured his leg.

Though his kicks were not very accurate anymore, he still hit me and I was sent flying towards the trees. I focussed chakra into my feet and stood on the tree trunk. Almost immediately after, I jumped up, flipped and landed on my feet again.

I tried the same technique as I used against Temari, but the man saw through it. He broke the genjutsu and threw me at a tree. I quickly stood up, standing in a fighting stance again.

"You're fun, shorty." the man said with a smirk. "And I'll admit you're not stupid. But you're not smart enough to win." He pulled out a katana and quickly attacked me. He was really fast, and I could barely see his movements.

He ended up cutting me on both of my arms, near my shoulders. He also managed to cut me on my leg. Though it weren't real severe and deadly wounds, it still hurt like hell. I ripped off the sleeves of my shirts, because they would only get in the way.

I pulled out my own katana and started to block his attacks. His speed had reduced and he was moving at the same speed as me at the moment. I took my chance and attacked while he wasn't attacking me, but he blocked my attack and pushed me away. "I won't lose, shorty!" he exclaimed.

I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him a death glare. If glares could kill, he would've been dead, but that wasn't the case. He managed to send me flying again, but I was able to keep standing on the tree trunk. "Hmpf, don't think I'm going to give up, you bastard!" I cried out while charging my katana with lightning and coming at the man as fast as I could. My katana made contact with his neck, cutting it off, but his katana was stabbed in my leg at the same time.

When the headless body fell down, I pulled out his katana, while I was sitting against a tree. I was tired from my fight against him. I used up quite a large amount of chakra. I put away my own katana again and stared at the clouds. I couldn't help others anymore, my body wouldn't be able to handle even one more fight.

It was quite possible I had a broken rib from all his kicks, and my leg also hurt a lot, due to being stabbed there. I tried to stand up, but my leg wouldn't let me.

Third person pov

Sayomi ayed on my back and stared at the clouds. Kakashi and Gai were dealing with some other ninja, so she didn't expect to be attacked by any of them. Ibiki was also handling other ninja, while the ANBU was trying to get to Hiruzen, who was fighting Orochimaru.

Soon after, she closed her eyes from exhaustion and a lack of chakra and fell unconscious.

*timeskip no jutsu*

Sayomi opened her eyes and was greeted by three pairs of eyes. One of them belonged to Ibiki, another to Kakashi and the remaining one to Gai. "She woke up quite fast, didn't she?" Kakashi stated.

Gai nodded. "That's the power of youth, Kakashi!" he exclaimed, causing Ibiki and Kakashi to sweatdrop. "The power of youth is really strong in her!"

"Thanks... I guess..." Sayomi muttered, not sure or she should take Gai's words as a compliment.

"I'm glad you're okay." Ibiki said. "You got me worried for a while."

"Well, I'm still alive..." Sayomi muttered. "That's what matters most. But I'm afraid I won't be able to walk for a while..."

One of the ANBU members walked up towards them. "Hokage-sama usedvthe Reaper Death Seal to seal Orochimaru's arms, but he got away." he told Ibiki.

Ibiki nodded. "I see..." he muttered.

Sayomi's eyes had widened as soon as she had heard Reaper Death Seal. She knew the consequences of the jutsu and what happened to the user afterwards. "That means Gramps is dead, right?" she asked with sadness in her voice.

---

Hope you liked it! There was a lot of action, I guess...

Anyways, should I write a Gai love story as my next Naruto fanfic?

-x Crartistic