Training

Sayomi's pov

After a week, I had learned all the jutsus my classmates had learned in one year. Making hand signs went more smooth now and I could make one clone.

Right now, Ibiki had brought me to a training ground with a lake. He turned towards me, holding a piece of paper. "It's time to find out your chakra nature." he said.

I nodded, already having heard what chakra is. He gave me the piece of paper and told me to sent chakra into the paper and see what would happen. The paper wrinkled after a while. "This means my chakra nature is..." I started.

"Lightning." Ibiki finished. "Before we'll work on your chakra affinity, we'll work on your chakra control." I nodded, curious to see what I was going to have to do. "Climb a tree." Ibiki told me. "Without using your hands."

"But how am I supposed to climb a tree without using my hands?" I asked.

"Focus your chakra into your feet to connect to the tree." Ibiki said. He told me to use a kunai to make a scratch in the tree if I had improved.

I took a deep breath and held my kunai tight. I closed my eyes and focussed my chakra into my feet. I ran towards the tree and...

I fell down after one step. 'That wasn't really the plan...' I thougt frustated. "Ibiki-san, did I apply too much or too little chakra?" I asked Ibiki.

"That's something you should figure out yourself." he replied.

I sighed and tried applying more chakra first, but that didn't work. After applying less chakra, I could go higher on the tree, but I still couldn't reach the top. I was just about to try again, but I fell on my knees and breathed heavily. I was running low on chakra...

Ibiki helped me up again and we went home again. "Ibiki-san, tomorrow, I'll reach the top." I told him with a smile. "I'm sure of it."

"We'll see tomorrow." Ibiki said. "Get some rest, you've got to go to the Academy tomorrow too."

I nodded and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower, I put on sweatpants and a plain blue shirt and went to bed.

Sayumi's pov

This week, I had actually got weapons, trained with them and started learning basic ninjutsu genin should know. I had entrusted Itachi with the secret that I really didn't know a thing about ranks, villages and ninjutsu or genjutsu and asked him to tell me about it and teach me in it. To my surprise, he actually agreed and he promised he would keep it a secret.

Now, I knew all techniques a genin should know, though I still sucked at the transformation technique. Why was it so damn hard?!

"Itachi, could you tell me a bit more about chakra?" I asked Itachi. Itachi nodded and told me that there were five chakra natures, and most people had affinty to one. If someone would have affinity to two, it was called a Kekkei Genkai.

"How do you know your chakra element?" I asked.

Itachi pulled out a piece of paper. "This is special paper. When you let your chakra flow through it, something happens with it. What happens with the paper determines your chakra nature." he explained.

He gave me the paper and I let my chakra reach the paper. The paper ignited and turned into ash. Itachi nodded. "Fire." he told me. "But before we focus on fire style jutsus, you'll need to improve your chakra control."

"But my chakra control is fine, right?" I complained. "I can already climb a tree without using my hands."

"We'll take it one step further. You'll have to walk on water." Itachi said. "By constantly releasing the right amount of chakra."

We went to the small lake on the training ground. Itachi signed me to give it a go. I took a deep breath and stepped on the water. It started off good, until I fell in the water after five steps. "Itachi, this is--" I stopped in mid-sentence when Itachi just walked on the water, making it look easy. "How the fuck do you do that?!" I asked.

"Training and focus." Itachi replied calmly.
Great, I'll have to try it multiple times until I get it right... That means I'll get wet a lot.

The next day

Sayomi's pov

After class, I ate my lunch and went for training with Ibiki. As I expected, I reached the top of the tree today. "What's next?" I asked.

Ibiki pointed at the lake. "Walk on the water. "You do this by releasing just enough chakra through your feet." he said.

I nodded and gave it a go. After five steps, I got optimistic that I was good at it, lost control over the amount of chakra I was releasing and fell in the water. "Don't lose your control." Ibiki said. "Or else you'll get wet."

"I know that." I said. "I'm experiencing wetness right now." I added satcastically.

"Try again." Ibiki said.

I got out of the water and tried again. 'You can do this, just don't lose your control...' I thought all the time, while keep releasing chakra. After seven steps, I fell in the water again. Ibiki forced me to do it over and over again until I've reached my limit with chakra levels. We went home again and I practised hand signs in bed. Tomorrow, I would have to go to the Academy again and we were going to have to preform the transformation jutsu. I didn't want to look like an idiot, who couldn't even make proper hand signs in a short amount of time.

'I wonder how Sayumi is doing, where did she end up? In another village? In the forest? I'm just hoping she didn't end up in a criminal organization...' I thought.

Sayumi's pov

I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about Sayomi, who could be everywhere. One thing was for sure, she couldn't be dead. I could feel it, she was still alive. Maybe she ended up in a village? Maybe even in a Hidden Village?

After a while, I finally fell asleep. Tomorrow, I was going to have to train my ass off again. Training with my chakra control and training my ninjutsu and my taijutsu.

-----

Question: Do you have any ideas for love interests? (Don't worry, I won't get into that just yet.)

-x Crartistic