A new mission

Sayomi's pov

I was walking through Konoha with Shikamaru, having a discussion about something. We ran into the rest of my team after a while. "You like him, don't you?" Sakura asked, walking next to me. She said it loud enough for Shikamaru to hear.

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burn. I looked away, just like Shikamaru.

"They've got it bad!" a familiar voice joined us. The voice belonged to Ino, who was now walking behind us.

"W-what?!" I exclaimed.

Before the two girls could continue, we heard from someone the Hokage wished to see them.

We went to Tsunade's office and saw Kakashi and Asuma were there. "I'm sending the eight of you on a mission." Tsunade said. "You need to help out a small village on an island where people are going missing. The villagers think they're dealing with ninja."

"Why two teams?" I asked.

"They asked for two teams, that's why." Tsunade replied.

*timeskip no jutsu*

We left the village, starting the mission. After a while, we neared the island, the only thing left to do was crossing the water with a boat.

"No, you're not getting me on that boat." I said. "I'd rather walk."

"Is she always this stubborn?" Asuma asked.

Kakashi nodded. "I have seen worse from her." he said. "But most of the time, she's really stubborn."

Third person pov

To Sayomi's displease, she was carried on the ship by Kakashi. As soon as she was on the ship, she layed down, hoping that would lower the chance on seasickness. "What are you doing, Sayomi-chan?" Naruto asked.

"Trying to prevent getting seasick." Sayomi replied. "It's working."

Shikamaru soon joined Sayomi, but he did it to look at the clouds. Sasuke was just being himself while Sakura and Ino were desperately trying to win him over. Naruto was deep in his own thoughts, while Kakashi and Asuma were discussing the mission.

After a while, both Shikamaru and Sayomi had fallen asleep.

----

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" the captain of the ship yelled, his screams causing Sayomi and Shikamaru to wake up and distub what everyone else was doing.

All of them got ready to fight. A man with light blue hair and violet eyes stood in front of the ship. His clothes were revealing his shoulders. He had a mark on his left shoulder with the kanji for 'moon' on it.

"It's a Tsukino clan member..." Sayomi muttered. She looked up and saw it was night already, the full moon shining.

"I've got an advantage. I've fully mastered my Kekkei Genkai, which means I've got unlimited chakra while you don't." he said before he made a bunch of clones and started fighting the Leaf ninja.

His clones were easy to defeat, but they kept coming back, with even more than before. "Sayomi, is there anything we can do?" Kakashi asked Sayomi, but she shook her head.

"We'll have to fight on, until it's day time and his chakra levels can drop again." Sayomi said. "That's all we can do."

The man's attention turned to Sayomi. 'A Tsukino, huh?' he thought with a smirk. 'I could use her well...'

Shikamaru used his Shadow Posession while Sayomi used taijutsu on the clones, preventing herself from using a lot of chakra. "Shikamaru, are you all right?" Sayomi asked. "Do you think you can come up with a strategy?"

While Sayomi protected him, along with Asuma, he thought deeply on what they could do to defeat the enemy with his unlimited chakra.

While Sayomi was focussing on getting rid of the clones, who could also use ninjutsu, she couldn't notice a tentacle made out of water was crawling towards her.

"We need to get to the source!" Kakashi exclaimed.

Ino nodded, going into Sensory mode. "They're chakra is all the same! I can't find the original!"

"What can we do then?!" Sakura cried out.

"Just keep--" Sayomi started, but the water tentacle surrounded her feet and was turned into ice by the enemy. "Ah!" she exclaimed when the enemy tried to pull her towards him. Sayomi grabbed the railing and held onto it as strongly as she could.

"Sayomi!" Shikamaru exclaimed. "What's going on?!"

"Sayomi-chan! Hang on! I'll save you!" Naruto exclaimed before he tried to make it towards her in time. In the meanwhile, Asuma was trying to break the ice, but he had no succes. The enemy kept putting chakra into it, making it unbreakable.

"What'a going on?!" Kakashi asked, concerned about his student.

Sayomi gritted her teeth and tightned her grip, clawing her own nails in her skin. "I can't hold on much longer!" she shouted. She desperately tried to break the ice, using her feet, but it was hopeless. "Shikamaru! Please tell me you've got a plan!"

Sayomi's grip was loosening, no matter how hard she tried to hold on. Even after everyone's attempts to break the ice, she was pulled towards him as soon as she couldn't hold on anymore.

She immediately tried to punch the guy in his face, but he held her polse, stopping her hand. Turning around, Sayomi kicked him right in his balls. He grunted in pain, but quickly recovered. "You're a tough one, I'll admit." he said. "But it's hopeless. It doesn't matter what you do, you'll never defeat me!"

"What do you want to do with Sayomi-chan?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"That's my business." he replied with a grin. "All I will tell you is that you' never see her again."

"Release her!" Shikamaru shouted, along with everyone else.

"Run while you still can and hold on to that pitiful life of yours!" the enemy yelled at them. "She's not to be saved by you Leaf ninja! I'm the only one who can help her, in return for her helping me!"

"We're not giving her up that easily!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Yeah! You're just a coward!" Naruto added.

"He's right. You're nothing but a coward." Sasuke said. "No release her and fight us."

"I don't feel like doing that." the enemy said before he disappeared with Sayomi.

"Dammit..." Shikamaru muttered.

"We need to get her back." Asuma said.

"No one takes my best friend away from me!" Naruto yelled angrily. "We need to search for her right away!"

"We'll have to wait until tomorrow, we're all exhausted from using so much chakra." Kakashi said. "I want to rescue her, just like you, but our best chance to fight him is when he doesn't have the advantage like now."

"Kakashi's right." Asuma said.

---

Cliffhanger... (I'm so frikkin' cruel...)

I know, there was no Sayumi in this chapter, but she'll be back!

I'll try to update tomorrow or Thursday, or else it will probably be Saturday or Sunday.

-x Crartistic