Mission to the Land of Waves

Sayomi's pov

"No, no, no! I want something challenging! Not all those kid stuff, believe it!" Naruto said, crossing his arms like an x.

"I kinda agree with Naruto..." I muttered, only Kakashi heard me.

Iruka went on about that we weren't ready for harder missions yet, because we were only genin, fresh from the Academy. Kakashi had to explain what kind of missions were assigned to what rank.

"I'll assign you a C-rank. You have to escort someone."

"Who are we escorting? A princess? An important man?

"Let the client come in." Old man Hokage said.

A drunk looking man entered the room. "I'm going to be escorted by a bunch of snot-nosed kids?" he asked, sounding displeased. "and who's the short one with the idiotic look on his face?"

We all lined up. Sasuke was the tallest, after him Sakura, then Naruto and lastly, me. "I think he's talking about you, Sayomi-chan."
I shook my head. "It's true I'm the shortest, but he said his, so that means he's talking about you." I told him with a smirk.

After hearing what I said, Naruto tried to attack the client, but Kakashi stopped him. "We're supposed to protect the client, not kill him."

*timeskip no jutsu*

We were ready to leave for the mission. Naruto was really excited, saying he never left the village before. I didn't really pay attention, but I noticed Naruto tried to attack the client again, telling him he was going to kill him.

I sighed and stopped him before Kakashi could. "Naruto, you're going to give me a headache if you continue yelling like this."

"YOU'RE NO FUN AT ALL, SAYOMI-CHAN! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO--"

"I'm on a mission, I'm always serious when it comes to missions and training." I interrupted him. 

I glanced at Sakura, who gave me a surprised look. She probably knew I did hang out with Naruto sometimes, only if I felt like I could actually deal with him. Glancing at Sasuke, I couldn't reach his expression. Did he even have any emotions at all?

*timeskip no jutsu*

After a while, I noticed a puddle on the middle of the road. At first, I didn't really think about it, until I remembered what Ibiki had told me once - okay, multiple times, to pay attention to your surroundings and link things to what happened, or didn't happen in this case. "Kakashi-sensei, did you notice?" I asked Kakashi.

Kakashi nodded. "You've noticed it too? You're a bright kid."

"Well, tou-chan told me the same thing multiple times to make sure I wouldn't forget." I replied. "I guess it worked."

'Totally unexpected', chains were wrapped around Kakashi's body, tearing him apart. "KAKASHI-SENSEI!" Naruto exclaimed.

I looked closer at the attackers and recognized them from the bingo book I once 'borrowed' from Ibiki, but kept forgetting to give it back. "Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, be careful! These ninjas are chunin, and their weapons are poisoned!"

"How could you know?" Naruto asked.

"They're in the bingo book." I replied.

"You have a bingo book?" Sasuke questioned.

"Yup." I said. Well, since Ibiki never asked it back, it's mine... I guess.

I blocked every attack they threw at me, avoiding being hit. "NARUTO! DON'T JUST STAND THERE!" I yelled when I saw Naruto froze. Luckily for him, Sasuke helped him out, and soon after Kakashi defeated the two ninja.

"Good job, Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, Sayomi." Kakashi complimented. "I'm sorry I didn't help out earlier, I needed to know who they were after. I didn't think you'd freeze like that, Naruto."

"Naruto, you're wounded." I said, walking over to him.

"I'll be fine, believe it!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Remember I said their weapons were poisoned?" I said, sweatdropping.

Naruto's mood changed completely. "I'M GONNA DIE! I'M GONNA DIE! I'M GONNA DIE!" he screamed over and over again.

"Naruto, if we take you back to the village to let them handle the poison, you won't die." I said. Kakashi nodded, but before we could leave, Naruto was stabbing himself to let the poison out.

"Naruto, you've managed to get rid of the poison, but you'll die if you lose more blood." Kakashi told him, giving him a closed eye smile. He bandaged his hand, stopping the bleeding. "Tazuna, those ninjas were chunin rank. You asked for protection from bandits. If we would have known this, this would be at least a B-rank."

Kakashi's pov

Tazuna told us everything about Gato, the man who wanted him killed so he couldn't finish his bridge. We decided we would carry on the mission.

I was walking next to Sayomi, in the front. "Sayomi, where did you get that bingo book? I doubt it's actually yours."

"I borrowed it from tou-chan." she said. "But I'm afraid I forgot to give it back. He never asked me to give it back, though."

'There's something about this girl. She has the typical characteristics of that clan... no, that can't be...' I thought before she looked at me with questioning violet eyes. "I asked you something." she said.

"Huh? What is it?" I asked her.

"What's your chakra nature?" she asked.

"You already know about that?" I questioned.

She nodded. "I already know my chakra nature too. My chakra nature is lightning."

'Lightning? That's also very common for that clan...' I thought. "Mine is also lightning." I said. "Tell me, what do you know about your parents?"

"Nothing, I never met my real parents, Sayumi hasn't either. Why do you want to know anyway?" Sayomi replied. "I would have loved to know them, though."

"It's nothing really." I replied. "I was just wondering." 

"SAYOMI-CHAN! WE'RE GOING TO TAKE A BOAT, BELIEVE IT!" Naruto exclaimed from behind us.

-----

I updated! ^-^

Hope ya liked it! Don't worry, the whole clan thing Kakashi was thinking about will be clearified later in the story.

Also, I'll be focussing on Sayomi until the mission is over, then I'll get back to Sayumi.

-x Crartistic