Episode 2: Death of a Friend

"The kid blew his brains out." Mitch said.
"You shot him. He's dead." Louis said. "You're a murderer."
"You said you'd help him fix things!" Louis said to me. "What the fuck did you two teach this kid?!"
"I tried to stop him..." I said, loud enough for them to hear. Violet got in front of us. "Back up! All of you!" Violet said.
"I talked Marlon down, and then they fucking murdered him!" Louis told her.
"Take AJ inside." Violet told us.
"Should we expect a bullet next time one of us do something this kid doesn't like?" Louis asked.
"He won't do that!" I told Louis, getting in his face and towering over him a little. "You guys stay here and consider it. Talk in the morning." I told them. Me, Clem, and AJ started walking inside. "Saved you from that car wreck and you fucking murdered him!" Mitch said.
"Get back, Mitch!" Clem said.
"Get. Back." AJ threatened.
"Or what?" Mitch pulled his knife out. I took the gun from AJ and shoved it in my pocket. "Two people died tonight! That's more than enough!" I told Mitch.
"Screw all three of you." Mitch said as he walked away.
"Fuck you, Mitch!" I shouted. I clenched my fist.
"Lets go, Y/n." Clem said. I held myself back and went with Clem and AJ.

The Next Morning...
I saw Clem was finally awake. "Here, sis." I gave my sister a cup of coffee.
"Thanks, Y/n." She took a drink of it.
"Last night, with Marlon." AJ started. "Am I a murderer?" AJ asked.
"Louis was right." Clem started. "Sometimes, people do bad things. Marlon wasn't a threat anymore when you shot him. If you kill someone when they're no longer threatening you, its murder."
"What are we gonna do?" AJ asked. "Guys? Am i gonna die?"
"What? No! Why would you ask that?" I asked him.
"I think murders are like monsters. And i know what happens to monsters."
"You're not a monster." Clem told him.
"We're gonna help you atone." I told AJ. He sat next to Clem on the bed. I stood next to the bunk. "Help make up for what you did wrong." Clem looked at AJ's face. "What is it?" She asked.
"You killed a lot of people. You murdered your friend, Lee." AJ said.
"What?" Clem asked.
"AJ, she didn't murder Lee. She stopped him from turning. She ended his suffering." I told AJ.
"I killed him because I loved him." Clem said.
"I love you, Clem and Y/n." AJ said. That was all we needed to make us smile. "We love you back." Clem said. We heard someone knock on the door. It was Tenn. "Violet told me to get you guys for the funeral." Tenn told us.
"Really? They want us there?" I asked.
"Yeah. And I wanted to give this to AJ." Tenn gave a firefighter toy to AJ.
"No. You keep it. But maybe we can play with it together later." AJ suggested.
"Sure." Tenn left the room. "See you at the funeral."
After Tenn left, Clem told AJ "We need to show we care."
AJ nodded. We left our room so we could go attend Marlon and Brody's funeral.

As soon as we got outside, we got a bunch of dirty looks. "You even brought him?" Mitch asked.
"Hey, you shut your goddamn mouth!" I shot at Mitch, sounding pissed. "We came here to attend the funeral."
"You're right, Mitch. AJ made a mistake. He didn't deserve it."
"And I'm gonna...a...atone." AJ said.
"Fuck, i can't listen to this." Louis walked off.
"Surprisingly, I'm right behind you." Mitch said, following Louis.

Long story short, that didn't go to plan. We went back to our dorm and the rest of the kids were taking a vote to let us stay or throw us out. Violet and Louis came in. "Well, we live in America. What's the verdict for this year?" I asked.
"You're leaving". Violet said, sadly.
"Don't we get to vote?" AJ asked.
"That's not how it works." Louis said.
"Fine. We'll learn to live with it." Clementine said.
"No! They're gonna kick us out!" AJ shouted. I could tell that even though Louis was mad that AJ killed Marlon, he still had regrets for kicking us out. "Oh, and I'm gonna take your gun." Louis said. AJ was hesitant and he looked at us. "Give it to him." Clem said. AJ gave Clem his gun. Clem grabbed her bag and hat. "We're escorting you outside the safe zone. Then we're walking away." Louis said.