Episode 4: Final Barn Stand

We got to a barn. All I could guess was it was James' barn. We started going there, me slashing the walkers' heads if I needed to. Eventually, the axe wasn't enough anymore and I fell forward. AJ went inside the barn while Clem wrapped my arm around her. I leaned on her as we made it inside the barn. She rested me in front of a hay bale while AJ pushed the main door shut. The side doors to the barn were still open. "Clem, go! HELP AJ!" I told her. AJ ran to us and gave me the gun. "Cover us." He said. I took the gun. "Get those doors closed. Don't let the walkers in!" I said. They both worked together to get the doors open, me shooting any walker that peaked through the doors. During this time, i was feeling exhausted, hot, and sick. Is this what Lee felt like when he was bitten? It feels like hell! A walker got completely in. I tried shooting it, but the gun was out of ammo. "Shit! Stab it!" I yelled. Clem stabbed the walker in the head. AJ shut the door behind her. The barn was completely locked. They couldn't get in. On the off side...we can't get out. Clementine and AJ both looked at me. "We have to find a way out." I said. AJ looked up. "Up there! Monsters cant get to us from there!" AJ said. Clem looked up. "Okay. Y/n, lets go." She said.
"I...i can't move." I said.
"No, please... get up, Y/n." Clementine said, her voice breaking. I tried getting up, but I fell right back down. "I can't..." I said. "Goddamnit!"
"Just for a few seconds, Y/n. You got this." AJ said.
"Y/n, please!" Clem said. I shook my head. I couldn't move. "Clem...we both know...whats gotta be done." I told her, my voice starting to break. "I'm so sorry you have to be in this situation...the same one with Lee..."
"No! No! No! Y/n, its gonna be okay!" Clem cried. She grabbed my hand. "Just hang in there for a little longer! You'll be okay!"
"Clem... we know I wont be..." I began. "you have...you have to kill me."
"Y/n--"
"No." I interrupted. "You got the axe. Just hold your breath, close your eyes, and be happy you'll never see me as a walker." I told her. I felt her pain. I looked over to AJ. "Hey, buddy. Look at me." I said. AJ looked at me. "How did we get so lucky? We never even had a plan." I said. "Did me and Clem...do good?" I asked.
"Of course you did." AJ told me. I looked back at Clementine. She let go of my hand. "It was nice being your brother, Clementine." I gave her a smile. While she and AJ had tears in their eyes, Clem having tears staining her cheeks, they both gave me a smile back. I then closed my eyes. Then I heard a gust of wind go by my ear, and felt the impact of the axe.

Clementine's POV...
Y/n closed his eyes. I held the axe up. "No." I whispered. I remembered you can survive a bite if its cut off quick enough. Y/n has only been bitten for a few minutes and he hasn't passed out yet. In a swift move, I swung the axe down, chopping into his skin just under his knee, making impact with his leg. I heard him scream in agony. "FUUUUUUCK!" He shouted. I swung again, chopping deeper into it, certainly almost breaking the bone. I swung one more time, chopping his leg completely off and pulling the severed leg away. He was out. "We have to get back to the school as fast as we can. Y/n doesn't have much time." I told AJ as I tore some of Y/n's jacket off and wrapped it around his leg to try to stop the bleeding a little.