Episode 2: Back to Ericson's

We went in the school building. We saw Violet, Ruby, and Willy there. "Let me see." Ruby said. She examined AJ. "I have what I need upstairs. Come on."
Louis carried AJ upstairs with Ruby. Me, Clem, and Violet followed. "We got the shrapnel out of him." Clem told Violet. Louis placed AJ on a couch. "He's running a fever. Body's trying to fight infection. Poor little guy." Ruby told us.
"Ruby and Louis will take care of him." Violet said.
"You just rest, okay? We're gonna fix you right up." Ruby said to AJ.
"Clem. Y/n." AJ said. We stood next to him. "Listen to Ruby. She'll look after you." Clem said.
"AJ, remember what to do when we're scared." I told him.
"We don't let it take over." AJ said. "I'm okay now."
"Clementine, Y/n, please. We need to talk." Violet said.
"Okay." I said. We followed Violet to the office. "What happened out in the woods. I saw they had you guys pinned, and I...shit, I got so crazy." Violet said. "Thanks for telling us to run. It might have saved our lives. And it was very brave." She said. "I really thought you were dead."
"Hey, its okay. We're alright." I said to Violet. I high-fived her hand. "Its good to see you again too."
"Just wish Mitch and the others felt the same. We told them about what happened in the woods. The woman who attacked you..."
"Lilly." We said.
"So you two do know her. We were wondering. Who the hell is she?" Violet asked.
"She's horrible." I said. "She tried keeping us together at the beginning. We lived in a motor inn, but she shot someone because her asshole dad died." I told her.
"Carley was her name. She refused to let Lilly push her around. We haven't seen her since." Clem said.
"I believe you. But Willy said he saw someone with you guys." Violet said.
"His name is James. He saved us, let us stay in his camp. He's not a threat." I told her. "He was wearing walker skin. He can guide the walkers and walk through the herds."
"Ugh. Wow, okay." Violet scratched her neck. "I trust you, but I'm worried about the others. They got no time to mourn Brody and Marlon, then those child snatchers came, and now you're back, and they don't know how to feel about AJ." Violet sat in the office chair.
"AJ and James is the least of their worries. I get that they're scared and pissed, but...we can help." I said.
"He told us what Lilly and Abel will do next. They'll come back with more people and guns and take everyone. He's watched them for a while. They're at war with another community. They take people to fight for them." Clem explained.
"Is that what happened to Minnie and Sophie? They turned them into soldiers?" Violet asked. "Minnie didn't even like killing walkers."
Clementine and I looked out the window. "Look at this place. It's a fortress." Clem said. "With a little work, we can make this place really hard to attack."
"We were part of a siege once." I said. Clementine pulled out the map. "We got good strong walls. We have to make them hard to climb." Clem said.
"We used to keep barbed wire in the greenhouse." Violet told us.
"The tables can be used as a maze for them so we know where they come from, and they can be used as defense." I told them.
"We can also lure them to the central staircase, and attack them here." Clem said.
"We need to go to that greenhouse." Violet said.
"Okay, what the hell's going on?" Mitch busted open the doors and stormed inside. "Oh Jesus Christ." I whispered.
"Willy told me they were back, but i was like, no way. Violet wouldn't just go against what we all decided." Mitch boomed.
"Hey, the little boy's asleep." Ruby said, closing the door. "His fever's already going down. He's gonna be okay." She told us.
"Now we're just giving them our medicine, too?" Mitch asked.
"Listen here, asshole." I said, snapping my fingers. "We came back to get AJ medicine and to help you stop those raiders. They're gonna attack soon. Like it or now, you're gonna need our help." I told him. "Now, we could also leave once AJ gets better, but it will put your lives in jeopardy."
"Use your head, Mitch. You saw AJ on your way in. Why would they shoot AJ?" Clem asked.
"Maybe he shot one of their friends."
"MITCH!" Ruby shouted.
"She's going to the greenhouse to get barbed wire and you're going with her." Violet said.
"Uh, no I'm not. She's got her stabby ass brother to protect her."
"You're going. Deal with it." Vi said.
"I can go too. You know, to keep the peace." Ruby said.
"Fuck, Vi. Since when are you the one making calls?" Mitch asked as he pushed Violet's shoulder. I had enough. I went to Mitch and slapped him in the face. "Because SHE stepped the fuck up! Did you? No! Did Aasim?! No! No one else did, so Violet's stepping up until we vote for who's in charge next!" I told him. Violet was shocked that I defended her like that. Me and Clem left the  office. "See you there." Clem said. We went outside and saw Louis was talking to AJ, giving his prayers for AJ in hopes he gets better. He saw us. "I..." Louis stuttered. He shook his head and walked past us.