Episode 4: Changes

We made it out of the cave, and in the nick of time. The torch went out. "Well, the shore was that way, so...that way must be the way back." I pointed forward. We kept moving. "Aasim was the third." Tenn spoke out of no where.
"Huh?" Clem, AJ, and I turned around to face him.
"The day after AJ killed Marlon. You already know Violet and I voted for you to stay. Aasim was the third vote." He ultimately said.
"Wow. Pow." I pointed a finger gun up as I said pow. "Where did that come from?" I asked.
"Aasim said you knew how to survive. He could just tell the school would he safer with you there. I voted for you because i liked you, but his reason is better." Tenn said.
"Thats nice, Tenn. Thank you." I said.
"Yeah, thats really nice of you to say, Tenn." Clem said to him.
"If Marlon was still in charge, we'd be taken away to wherever. Or dead. You had us fight back. We weren't safe with Marlon, even in his 'safe zone'. We were just...hiding." Tenn said.
"I'm glad we got to teach you how it feels when you finally fight back." I said. We heard a rustling in the woods. Clem and I turned around as we pulled our knives out. Louis and Violet came around the large trees. "Louis! Violet!" AJ exclaimed as he ran to them. Louis went down to AJ's level and hugged the boy. Violet and Louis waved for us to join as Louis got up. We all hugged each other, Clem and Louis sneaking a kiss. "You're not dead. That's good." Louis said.
"They took the cart and headed back to the school." Violet said.
"But you came to look for us." I said.
"Thought we lost you." Louis said. He held Clem's hands. I looked into Violet's emerald eyes. "I told you we wouldn't disappear on you." I said to her. She grabbed my hand.
"I couldn't believe you were dead. We had to try and find you." She said. "We're safe, guys. We just have to get home."
"I think there's an old bridge...that way." Louis pointed down the path. "Its the fastest way back to the school."
"Then lets get outta here." I said. We began moving. Louis went to Clem to speak about how he's ready to step up more while Violet walked with me. "While we were looking for you guys, and I... I thought that you might be... gone for good... ugh, shit." She said. "I was trying to figure out what I'd do if you were gone, and I realized how goddamn stupid I was. About Minnie. For a whole fucking year. I was so wrapped up in losing her and Sophie, I pushed away every one who tried to care about me." She told me.
"I understand why. You were afraid of losing someone else." I consoled. "Try to let it go."
"I'm not gonna be a coward anymore. I remember how Marlon described it. It wasn't the way any of us saw it. I just listened to how Marlon saw it as home." She told me. "My family lived in a trailer. Where'd you and Clem live?"
"We lived in a two story house with our mom and dad. Fence around it with a big backyard." I told her.
"Me and Clem are talking about my imaginary house." Louis said. "I think maybe it would be purple. Not many purple houses. Why not stand out?" Louis asked.
"Of course you'd say that." Clem said. Louis put his hands out. "Okay, I'm starting to visualize the place. How many floors would it have?"
"Two, like our house." Clem said.
"Oh right, we interrupted you guys. Please continue." He said.
"What was your favorite part of the house?" Violet asked.
"Well, we had a treehouse. It was a lot of fun. We would crawl up there with our walkie talkies and play for hours. Sometimes we imagined it was ship and I was the captain, or its an igloo and Clem's a hunter, or it was a castle and Clem was a princess. But we had these nice fake blades. Like we were warriors. We hid there when the apocalypse began." I told her.
"Well, Clem, what should we add to top off the house?" Louis asked Clementine.
"How were your grades?" She asked with a smile.
"They would have been straight A's."
"Then we're putting in a skylight."
"Thanks, dad!" Louis said and gave a smile.
"Uhh, you're welcome, weirdo." Clem said.
"You know what the problem is? That stupid fucking name. 'Ericson.'" Violet said.
"Wanna rename it?" I asked.
"Yeah. Fuck that guy. What should we name it?" Violet asked.
"Why don't you decide? It was your idea." I recommended.
"Texas. We're calling it Texas."
"Thats already a place." Louis said.
"Fine. Texas Two." Violet said.
"I like it." I said. "Texas Two it is." I loved it. It makes it sound like we're saying, "no laws, assholes. You fight, we'll fight back."