Chapter 3

"Namjoon and Yoongi are captains. Make the teams and have a match until practice is over." The coach instructed, so Namjoon and Yoongi stood away from each other to ease the division of groups.

"V." Namjoon said. V smirked and walked to Namjoon, clapping his back. Everyone's first choice is usually V, but that's only because everyone knows he's the best and they know he's the most passionate about football and not scared to fill. Jungkook instantly hoped he could be in Yoongi's team.

"Hoseok." Yoongi said and Hoseok jumped and rushed over to Yoongi, who just rolled his eyes at the random excitement.

It was Namjoon's turn to pick again and Jungkook started praying. Don't pick me don't pick me don't pick me don't-

"Jungkook."

Jungkook tried not to show his resentment as he smiled at Namjoon and walked over to him and V.

"Please don't fight guys, it ruins the game for everyone." Namjoon said and Jungkook sighed. V kept his distance with Jungkook.

Namjoon wasn't wrong. They have ruined games because of their fights. They end up playing for a minute and arguing for 30. That's probably why Namjoon picked both of them to be on the same team- thinking that it would cancel out the possibility of an argument.

It's not Jungkook's fault. V's a dick.

After the teams were divided the game began and Jungkook took his position as midfielder, beside Jimin- who was in the other team. Namjoon and V were strikers and the best ones on the team at that. There were many other players spread across the field, Yoongi and Jin being defenders and Hoseok being the goalkeeper.

A whistle blew and Jungkook kicked the ball in the middle and ran past Jimin with it. He saw from his peripheral vision that Namjoon was free, so, obviously, he kicked the ball over to him.

The game went smoothly, until, until, about halfway through the game, when V had the ball and was completely cornered by Yoongi- he looked at Namjoon who was blocked by Jin, and saw his other teammates also blocked- the only one who was free was Jungkook.

"Here!" Jungkook yelled and then saw V's eyes look over at Jungkook. "Pass!" Jungkook hissed at him, but saw V hesitate- and before V could pass, Yoongi got the ball and passed it to Jimin, who laughed and took the ball to the other side of the pitch and scored.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You saw I was open, why didn't you fucking pass?" Jungkook snapped, walking over to V in anger.

"Why, so you could lose the ball like you did last time?" V spat and Jungkook balled his fists up in anger.

"I'm not the one who screwed the game up!" Jungkook yelled and V looked at Jungkook with anger.

"You bitch, I was only looking out for our team. You would've lost the ball anyway, so it doesn't matter where I passed it to you or not!"

"V- if you'd let go of your fucking pretentious pride for one precious fucking second, you-"

"Jungkook and V, stop arguing." The coach snapped. Jungkook looked around to see everyone around them in a circle, either rolling their eyes or looking bored.

I hate him. I hate him I hate him I hate him,
Jungkook thought, staring daggers into V's head.

"Practice is over. Yoongi's team won. Everyone, hit the showers. Jungkook and V, this is the last time I want to see you both arguing over stupid shit." The coach said in irritation of losing practice time over these two.

"It's not my fault he's such a baby." V mumbled.

"Fuck off." Jungkook snapped.

"Language." The coach irked. Jungkook rolled his eyes and walked over to Jimin, who looked at Jungkook and sighed.