Chapter 39

A FEW MONTHS AGO

Jungkook kicked the ball with all his force, seeing it glide across the mowed grass and whir towards the goal post. Jungkook's breathing became faster in anticipation, hearing people from the other team go a little silent.

"Yes!" Jimin yelled loudly, laughing when the ball kicked the side of the goalpost and didn't go in. Jungkook fell onto the grass with a thud, covering his face in agony, hearing laughter.

He could see Bambam giving Jimin a high five and he could see Namjoon groaning slightly because they lost. Because Jungkook didn't score.

"C'mon, get up," Jin said, holding his hand out to Jungkook, who grabbed it and stood up, wiping his shorts to remove the wet grass.

Suddenly, he felt a shove to his back and turned around, seeing silver hair falling on darkened eyes.

"You fucking idiot!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, scoffing. "Please, V I'm already having a rough day-"

Taehyung snickered, moving closer to Jungkook. "Does it look like I give a shit? This is the second time you made us lose!" Taehyung snapped and Jungkook looked at him angrily, chest heaving with the enmity burning up in his stomach.

"Fuck off! You know damn well you're the reason we lost the last game." Jungkook snapped back, and then Taehyung moved forward and grabbed him by his collar.

"Keep talking to me like that Jeon and there'll be consequences," Taehyung rasped in a deep voice, a voice that pissed Jungkook off more than he could imagine.

"What're you gonna do? Kick me out of the team?" Jungkook snapped back, eyes showing the same anger that Taehyung had in his eyes.

"I could do worse," Taehyung growled, a glint in his eye that Jungkook couldn't decipher. Jungkook shoved him back, getting sick and tired of his fucking annoying self.

"You're so fucking annoying, V-" Jungkook snapped loudly and saw Taehyung flick his sweaty hair back.

"At least I can actually kick the fucking ball!" Taehyung shouted back and Jungkook reached forward to collide his fist to his jaw, when a hand pushed him back.

Jungkook saw their Coach, standing between them, looking pissed.

"Everyone, hit the showers. Now, you too," The coach said and then stepped back to look at the both of them, who were still glaring daggers at each other.

"How many times will you two keep having these childish fights? These ruin your team morale, and doesn't help with the game at all." The Coach argued and Taehyung snickered, folding his arms.

"It's not my fault he's such a baby." Taehyung mumbled and Jungkook glared at him.

"It's not my fault you're such a fucking cunt!" Jungkook snapped back and heard the Coach clear his throat.

"I know you two don't like each other, but can't you at least try and get along when you're playing a match? I'm sure your other teammates are fed up of you two as well." The Coach said.

"I rather burn my leg than try and get along with him," Jungkook muttered and Taehyung sneered at him.

"Yeah, Coach. Some things are just impossible. Like me and Jeon getting along. That'll only happen when pigs fly," Taehyung said and Jungkook squinted his eyes.

"Alright, alright. Next time I see a fight, you're taking a lap around the school. Now go hit the showers and cool off. Take your anger out in other ways, not at each other." Coach said and then dismissed them with his hand.